Scur care

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by rebelshope, Apr 19, 2009.

1. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Mazarati has scurs. I am not sure what kind of care to do for them. They are very small, one is a little larger than the other, I am not sure if I should nip them off at the end, or if it is possible to band them? Or if they are so small I should just leave them alone.

Here they are:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    They don't appear to be digging into his head and they aren't that big so I would just leave them alone. :)

3. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    No they are not digging into to his skull, they are not too long but I didn't know if I should do some management on them before they became too long. They don't cause us any problems right now.

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    If they do grow longer or start digging into his skull, you can take a wire saw to the ends of them, its not that hard. My buck Red gets long scurs every couple months and just as we get ready to take care of them his pen buddy Ecudo(big ober buck) knocks them off :roll:

5. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    So what you are saying is need another buck. :greengrin:

6. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    lol it is sometimes convenient :shades: Funny thing is when Ecudo did it, Red was just covered in blood but Ecudo didn't have a speck of it on him, and he looked rather smug :lol:

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Scurs will bleed when either knocked off or cut off....my mom has a Togg wether with one curling down around his cheek....I'm not looking forward to taking it off, we just use a set of prunes to nip them very quick, they do bleed but it stops fast.