Scurl

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by gittif, Oct 31, 2010.

1. gittif

gittif New Member

Jan 26, 2009
    My poor Goat somehow knocked of a Scurl this am he is bleeding pretty good odd thing about it is a shell and he still has this pointed thing sticking out of his head I am new to goats what is that ?? has anyone ever have this happen and what should I do now !!

please help

2. Realfoodmama

Realfoodmama New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Santa Fe, NM
    One of my goats has scurs and she knocks one off every once in a while. It is like you said - somewhat hollow and she has a bit of a bump left on her when she knocks them off. Unless the bleeding doesn't stop your goaty should be fine. If worried you can put some blood stop powder on it.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree......... they do bump them sometimes....causing bleeding..... if the bleeding has stopped.... put some blue spray on it..... and watch it for a while..... :hug:

4. gittif

gittif New Member

Jan 26, 2009
    thank you for your reply , few we made it I stopped the bleeding, and cleaned his poor bloody face and ears.Did put some blue cote in case.
    What I did not realize he actually has a little horn there now about 3" long.
    So it was an outer shell he dropped it came of like a top hat unreal.
    And that outer shell was rather long and curled pretty good.

5. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Yep....I have a wether with a scur and he knocks it off every few months when it grows so long, he does it by playing with his pen mates......I just spray it with a wound dressing and he is good to go!