The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 questions:

1) One of my does seems to have somehow either pulled off/ torn one of her scurs. There is blood around the area where it was...not a lot, but she is mostly white so it is visible. She isn't very keen in my trying to touch her on any occasion, so I couldn't feel to see what actually happened. Is there anything I should do for this?

2) I just picked up a 9yr old Nigerian Dwarf doe today. She is 'limping' on her back left leg. When walking nothing is noticeable but when she is standing she holds that leg in the air. Could it be arthritis?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.

Her feet are trimmed properly and everything, but I did not actually look at that hoof so I will make sure to do that tomorrow.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't see anything in her hoof that would be hurting her.

She definitely did not like me touching her in her hind end at all.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
I have a doe that bumps her scurs off all the time. I agree for the most part I do nothing but if the flies seem to bug her over it I just spray a little cut heal on it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"She has had that limp since I've had her. I think it's an old injury, previous owner had horses, possibly from that? She doesn't let it slow her down and hasn't gotten worse over the years. Just less mobility than her other legs."

Is what the previous owner told me.
It seems weird that she doesn't put weight in it when standing, though

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a nanny that has joint problems and I use lineaments on her you can get it at tractor supply in the equine section it has always done well for her

1 - 13 of 13 Posts