The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These bucklings were burned twice at the proper age, but Pepe' has scurs. He is about 4 & 1/2 months old now. Is there anything that can be done? If not, what am I going to need to get to trim or cut them back so that they do not grow into/or jab him in the head?

·
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Super! Thanks :) And how short to I clip them? Keep them about where they are, shorter than what they currently are...?

·
Super Moderator
58,847 Posts
At a certain point there will be blood. I would just cut small cuts until either you get a little blood or see that the next cut you will get blood. Then you will know how short you can go.

·
Super Moderator
58,847 Posts
I really don't know. Any scurs that I have had, have been the thin ones that break off when the goats fight. And then there is usually some blood.

If the scur is big enough to band, that would probably be my choice. But certainly keeping it trimmed is just fine too.

·
Registered
132 Posts
These are ok to band. You will just need to make a notch on both sides of the scurs so the bands stay on. Place the notches down low by the skin and pile on a few bands. They'll be off in no time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts