The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an ND wether a couple months ago, and he had been disbudded. Scurs have grown in, and one of them is getting ready to fall off. The other one is maybe an inch and a quarter and curving forwards. The base is pretty thick, and lately it’s been sensitive and he hasn’t wanted me to touch it. However I managed to gently push on it, and it is a little loose, sort of like a loose tooth. Will it eventually fall off, or should I go ahead and band it. I don’t want it to get any bigger if it’s not going to fall off.

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,391 Posts
If he is head butting with another goat there is a better chance of it breaking off.
Yes ^^^^

both my wethers have/had scurs and when we moved them to their new barn they started fighting for dominance to reestablish their hierarchy, and the kept head butting each other SO HARD that I walked into the barn and there were two scurs on the ground and blood EVERYWHERE. Their heads, the floor, the wall... it looked like a murder scene!! We cleaned it all up and they had clotted before I even got to them so they were fine and these were smaller scurs but it was terrifying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts