Seasame Street

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by goatnutty, Feb 2, 2008.

1. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    How mant of you watched or know little kids that watch(ed) Seasame Street?Well I was talking to my little brother and he started crying because the cookie monster is now the veggie monster& he saw the vide :lol: on youtube that had elmo exploding.I had to try so hard not to laugh.

2. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    OMG lol! :lol: I know nothing about cookie monster converting.. though I can see why he would cry about that! That is pretty sad. LOL they mess stuff up so bad on TV nowadays.
    My little sister and brother watch Sesame Street.. I used to :D. It has gotten rather odd though. Haha!

3. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    I used to watch Sesame Street... and when I heard about poor Cookie Monster... oh the humanity!!! :GAAH: Cookies are part of his essential makeup, I simply cannot imagine how the poor guy can possibly survive now, reduced to hording vegetables. Oh have mercy!!!!! :lol:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I actually have to agree.

while I think promoting good eating habits is a good idea, cookie monster gets his name from COOKIE duh I think they try to make more out of things then they need to. I doubt that people who watched cookie monster growing up had him influence them negitively - if I am wrong on this please tell me.

As to Elmo blowing up - now that is one sick person who did that. Why do people have to prey on little children to get a good laugh - go pick on someone your own size! :angry:

I wouldnt' laugh at your brother, he is impressionable and even stuff like this is what is important to him. OH to be a kid again............

5. GSFarm

GSFarm New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Fairview, TN
    I think that cookie monster thing is ridiculous. I hate "politically correctness" Just because I watched the cookie monster when I was a kid doesn't mean I went out and ate hundreds of cookies. Let the kids have fun! Good Grief!

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    If they are going to take the Cookie Monster out of Sesame Street, they may as well take out Big Bird. They are what MAKES the show. I know they are not taking him out but renaming it. That is what makes the show. I tell you I am SO tired of all this darn Political Stuff. I watched it daily as a child and I use to love the Cookie Monster, the best part was when he would "eat" all those cookies and they would fall out all over the floor.
    I am just so tired of being told what we can and can not do. If parents do not like their kids to see a "monster" eating cookies, then they should not let them watch the show.
    It is the PARENTS responsibility to the teach the kids the right food to eat and not eat. Heck keep the cookies and JUNK food out of the house.

Sorry, I had to vent. :angry:

7. creaturesall

creaturesall New Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Langdon, AB Canada
    I learned to read watching "See Same Street" :shrug:

8. Rachel K

Rachel K New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Dyersville, Iowa
  9. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Not only did that vidio desterb me but the comments did to.

10. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I watched sesame street a long time ago (20 years or so) its very different now from when i watched it.
    Which is really sad. i liked it the way it was.
    beth