Secrets Kidded!!! Kid pictures down pg3...

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Sweet Gum Minis, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Secrets is another one of my homebred does from last year. She is much rounder than Cha-Cha so I think there's definitely twins in there. She's not a huge doe but she is bigger than Cha-Cha too. So she should be good to go without much trouble. Her udder is already bigger than Cha-Cha's was and she's still got ligaments. She was bred twice to River so she could be on 146 today being due Wednesday or she could be on 138 and due 4-2. I believe the latter. She's been having some clear discharge too. Started stalling her yesterday and she was none too thilled about it. She's anything but friendly so all interactions she thinks are going to bode badly for her. :p So she has a ways to go in learning that the stalling means special treatment. Lots of extra hay, sweet feed mix and no one to try to take it from you.

Anyway, I've got to do an udder clip on her yet so I may get around to that this weekend. Most likely tomorrow. Photos of her udder to follow. I may try to get some round belly pics today if I can. :D She's the last one till mid May and I'm ready for the break. I can't wait to see her udder and what she has. Think pink!

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: Secrets turn... Day 146 or 138

:girl: :girl: thinking pink... :greengrin:

3. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Re: Secrets turn... Day 146 or 138

Thank you!

Here's some piccies from this afternoon...
    Here she is on the right next to Raven who was just bred recently and isn't showing yet.
    [​IMG]

Standing in the barn...
    [​IMG]

Standing uphill, she refused to let me get a decent rear photo...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any guesses?

4. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: Secrets turn... Day 146 or 138 Pictures added post 3.

She is huge.... :shocked: ...her ligs have definitely not loosened yet.....the kids are being carried high....and it is hard to see her udder....just apon what I can see.. from the pics....she looks to be at the 138 day mark...to me.... :wink:

5. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Oh my goodness that third picture is priceless- she looks like a beach ball!
    I also agree she is on 138- and Im thinking triplets are a very good possibility here! Or big twins :)
    :pray: :girl: :girl: :girl:

6. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

:p She is quite round. I do agree, I think she's on 138 too. All of my does who'd been bred like that, about a week apart, all kidded by the second date. So I'm sure she'll follow in those girl's paths. Fine by me. I have a birthday party planned tomorrow for my 2 children so I can't really have her kidding then. Shhhhh.... don't let her hear that or she'll be sure to drop them then!

7. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN

:shocked: She is ROUND! Twins at least! WOO HOO!

8. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

Just has to be twins :girl: :girl: and wouldn't totally surprise me if there's another one in there. Would be cool to have :girl: :girl: :girl: , or would you want a :boy: !?!? Curious, how did momma get the name Secrets? Wishing you smooth deliveries. :thumb:

9. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

I'd prefer all girls really. We've had a very buck year so the more girls the merrier.

Her dam's name is Chamber Pot, so I named her Chamber of Secrets (out of the Harry Potter series). She's Secrets for a call name. :)

10. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Re: Secrets turn... Day 144

Secrets is now on day 144, I have the flu and have been out of commission for 3 days now. Going to the doctor today since 3 days of steady fevers is not good, so hopefully I'll get an antibiotic to make me better. I do hope she holds out till I'm feeling better. I've felt so incredibly horrible. Have been bed ridden. I finally broke my fever today with some Ibuprophen so I'm ok for right now, but don't know how long that'll last.

Secrets udder is getting bigger, sorry no pics. I'll hopefully get some before she kids though provided I get some medicine and feel better soon. Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still around just sick. :sick: Hope we get twin does after I'm better.

11. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Re: Secrets turn... Day 144 & I have the flu

aww I'm so sorry that you're ill. Hopefully you feel ok soon so that you can be there for Secrets. When I had flu a while back I was taking lots of paracetamol, neurofen (Ibuprofen), sudafed and vit C.

LW

12. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I am sorry you are sick... it isn't fun that is for sure.....I will pray that you get better soon... :pray:

13. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Thank you. I hope to feel better soon.

14. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

I am sorry that you are sick. Not a good time is it? OH wait, is it ever a good time to be sick? :shocked: I hope she holds off until you feel better.

15. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa

Get well soon

16. Iwantgoats

Iwantgoats New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Missouri

That flu is a nasy bugger, my son had it for a week+. Get better soon and good luck with your doe :)

17. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Going tomorrow to the doctor. Secrets ligs are dropping hubby said. I haven't been down since this AM to see the goats. I think I may go down here in a few minutes since I feel ok right now. That changes fast though when another fever pops up and takes me down. So hopefully we'll get this taken care of tomorrow.

18. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

I hope you feel better soon Ashley, having does kid out while you feel crappy is not fun at all. Hopefully Secrets waits it out another couple days. :hug:

19. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all the well wishes. :grouphug:

Her ligaments are lower and her udder is getting bigger but so far we're not quite there yet. Hope she waits till after tomorrow so I can see the doctor first.

20. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Oh, thats NO fun. I hope she waits for you to feel better. :hug: