Security Cameras?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by SterlingAcres, Jan 23, 2010.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    I know this was posted before, but it's pretty vague.... can anyone who uses cameras inside their barns please answer these exact questions? I'd appreciate it :)

What exact camera did you buy?
    Where did you buy it?
    Estimating, how far is the camera from the tv you're viewing it on?
    How much did it cost and do you feel it was worth it?

Thank you!!! :grouphug:

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    I got the Astak Indoor/outdoor

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...ovement|B000EW3NGC&CPNG=&ref=tgt_adv_XSE10001
    got it in Anchorage at Walmart but the link is for Target

the receiver is well over 100ft from the cameras and through plenty of obstacles

I got in on sale for $80, the link is a bit more. wonderful camera- the audio didnt work well, not sure if it was user malfunction or what ;) but it had great color picture and helped me be out there when goats kid!
    :thumb:

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I have a GE b/w security cam, bought used and it has worked great so far! It has a range of up to 300 feet but at the moment, it is positioned about 80 feet between reciever and camera....whole purpose was to be watching for impending births but since I got it last summer it's been used for monitering the health of my goats.

4. Rainbow Meadows Farm

Rainbow Meadows Farm New Member

May 26, 2009
    New Hampshire
    We use a Linksys WVC200 on a wireless connection. Comes with software to hook up for web viewing
    We are about 75 - 100 feet from our barn.
    My husband is a computer geek and finds deals on E-Bay. You can get some pretty good cameras there for lower prices than what they would cost you at a store.

We have not missed a kidding and I know I have someone watching when I cant be. Built in babysitter around kidding times so I can get other things done. We both work 3rd shift and where I drive my job, my husband can watch from his office and let me know if there is a problem.

This is hooked directly on the computer and over the web.