The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tough day at the ranch yesterday.Been having lots of rain and it's wet and mucky all over.
Went out about 6pm to do dinner chores and couldn't see one goat and heard a crying goat. As I was headed out into the pasture I saw a new kid.
Then I saw Valentine laying in a mud puddle. No idea how I did it, other than adrenaline, but I pulled him into the grass. Ran and got towels and a neighbor happened to stop by and gave me her thick moving quilt and I wrapped him up and laid on him with my body heat, but quickly realized he wasn't shivering from cold. He was seizing. Over and over again. He was fine the night before. In with the herd, neighbor seen him out in the pasture when she went to the mailbox.
We are wondering if he got into poisonous mushrooms maybe.
My husband was gone and my sweet neighbors came over and put him down for me.
He probably had 40 seizures in the time I was out there with him and I didn't see him coming back from that.
I gave him kisses and loves and hugged him and told him I was so sorry I wasn't there. I feel horrible. He was so massive and handsome and I miss him very much!!!! RIP our sweet boy, I love you!!!!

Goat Plant Grass Goat-antelope Fawn Eye Working animal Goat Plant Grass
Eye Working animal Natural material Plant Grass

·
Registered
31,515 Posts
So very sorry

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
5,743 Posts
Such a sweet gentle giant. Im so sorry for your loss. Im glad you got to be with him .

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So sorry for your loss. He looks like such a sweet boy. He is in a safe place.
I figure this is why we didn't have any other losses earlier in the season, because he was very near and dear to my heart. My husband said when we bought him that he thinks I surely saved his life. If only for 2 yrs, he was worth it. He was a gentle soul. He loved to be scratched on his head and just was a love machine.

Thank you for all the sweet and kind comments!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts