The Goat Spot Forum banner

Seeing what all the fuss is about...

480 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Sfgwife 
#1 ·
I’ve heard good things about Replamin Plus in the past, but after hearing how so many like it here on TGS I thought I’d try it! We feed a quality mineral, do give BOSE, and copper bolus. The goats are hit-or-miss about eating it. Most everyone looks good, but I have a few does that could use a boost. They’re the ones that are extra picky and by nature harder to manage.

I’ll be giving a dose within the next days. How often do you guys give it? One doe was damaged and has absorption problems...

#2 ·
The Replamin is extremely easy to digest, so it'll be wonderful for your doe with the scarred gut.

Most people here give a five day in a row dose of 5 ml, and then 5 ml 1 time a week.

I do suggest continuing with quality loose minerals, and when they need more copper, to go ahead and rebolus.

If you feed a lot of alfalfa, and give the Replamin, then it is possible you'll run into zinc deficiency problems, because the ratio is almost 1:1 with copper, instead of the 3:1 zinc/copper you need, and alfalfa can be a zinc antagonist. So just be aware of the possibility.

#3 ·
Thank you for that info. I was aware of the zinc issue, we keep zinpro on hand. So nice to have someone to give the reminders though, so thanks a bunch!

I'll keep the minerals out for them :)

We used to use redcell and had pretty good results, but we are always fighting high iron issues (Thanks to NC well water) so I'm really excited to try this product!

#4 ·
I liked it a lot. I ran out and haven't gotten more and feel like I need to get back on it. They aren't terrible by any means and look good. But it gave them that extra ooomph. And with a few being pregnant, it would be a good boost.

#5 ·
I've heard good things about Replamin Plus in the past, but after hearing how so many like it here on TGS I thought I'd try it! We feed a quality mineral, do give BOSE, and copper bolus. The goats are hit-or-miss about eating it. Most everyone looks good, but I have a few does that could use a boost. They're the ones that are extra picky and by nature harder to manage.

I'll be giving a dose within the next days. How often do you guys give it? One doe was damaged and has absorption problems...
Do it! I tried it with crickie and after just the loader dose her coat was SO much better. It actually laid down. Then a few weeks later i was milkin and had my cheek on her side and thought oh this feels soooo good. Then brain said oh oh oh this is crickie you goof her coat has not felt silky soft yet til now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.