The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, we are now the proud owners of two bucklings: a 6-month old boer to breed my boer girls, and a 5-month old nubian for the nubians. All of my girls have gone into heat, all of them have had a day in the stall with their respective buck, and I thought we were in good shape. Done!

One of my boers yesterday was very clearly in heat. Darn! How can this be, seriously, after we saw a day's worth of activity in the stall?

Also, when I put her in with the boer buck, she would have nothing to do with him. I took her out of his stall, and she walked right over to the nubian buck's stall and started wagging her tail. I'm not planning any mixed breeding, so I put her in again with the boer, but never saw anything going on.

Any advice from you experienced breeders? I know these boys are young, but they seemed to know what they were doing -

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
Yup, does will pick which bucks they like and don't like. You could always hold her while the Boer buck does his job.

·
Administrator
85,753 Posts
Congrats on the new bucks, I agree with scottyhorse, some are that way, so we have to intervene and hand breed( hold the Doe).

Sometimes when breeding just begins, Some Doe's will go into a false heat, without an egg dropped to conceive, then, will be in true heat and conceive the next go around. So don't get discouraged, just breed her again and check her in 18 to 21 days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts