The Goat Spot Forum banner

selenium vitamin e paste

640 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Dandy Hill Farm
There are different companies that sell the selenum vit e gel and the units are different on some of them. Which is the best price for the amount sold?
Reactions: 1
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
What do you mean the units are different?
Reactions: 1
Tractor supply says the tube's volume is .35 lbs $12.99
Durvet Lamb *& Kid selenium/Vitamin E Gel, 52983 at Tractor Supply Co.

Jeffers and Valley Vet has 30 and 80 mL available (80 mL is about $10)

Farm and Fleet is 30gm (1.06oz) $12.99
Durvet 30gm Selenium & Vitamin E Gel - 093034 | Blain's Farm & Fleet (farmandfleet.com)

I tried converting some of these numbers and .35lbs for 12.99 from Tractor Supply is equivalent to 5.6 oz.. Farm and Fleet is 1.06oz for the same price.

We use a lot of selenium gel and it gets expensive. I just want to get the best bang for my buck.
Reactions: 2
You know what, upon closer inspection of the products themselves for Farm and Fleet and TS, they seem to be the same product and maybe volume? I don't know why in the description of TS it says .35lbs as the volume.
TSC used to carry the 80ml tubes, but they recently stopped and now only carry the 30ml tubes and sell them for the exact same price!! I was so mad that they did that! Now, I buy my selenium gel at Rural King. I LOVE Rural King! Their prices (for everything) are just un-beatable! I really wish we had a RK store closer to us....soon, I'm going to try and see if my local TSC store will price match somethings like alfalfa and beet pulp pellets (exact same brand just $4-$5 cheaper at RK).
Reactions: 3
I have never seen Rural King before. This is great, thank you.

I found the selenium gel through RK, but for 80mL it's 12.99. I think TSC and Farm and Fleet have the 80mL for about $10
You're welcome!

Yep, that's the right price! RK's selenium gel (80mL) is more than double the size for the exact same price as TSC and F&F. TSC and F&F only sell 30mL sized tubes.

You mentioned that you go through a lot of selenium gel....another option would be to buy it from Jeffers. They sell 80mL tubes for $9.99.....you do have to buy $50 worth of stuff before you can get free shipping, but maybe you could just stock up on selenium gel though...
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.