The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you gave goats Cal-Mag-Co Gel, 300 mL, Durvet , Nutritional Supplement
this is all I can find at my local tractor supply. my nanny will be kidding in about a month if my calculations are right . or can I get them a selenium goat block?:confused: this is my first kidding so I am making my list now so that I am prepared for D-day.. are there any other things that my goat should have prior to delivery ?
they already got there c&d vaccine 5 months ago should I give the mommy another shot ?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
jeffers has a selenium gel specificly made for goats. yes, give her another cdt shot. i would not give her the gel you mentioned until AFTER she kids too much calcium before delivery may cause milk fever.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
I agree with the gel and the CDT shots. I give it about a month before kidding. I also give vitamin a and d. It helps with scours when the kids are born. I had a notable year of scours a few years back so I started to do this the year after. I also give their copper bolus.....also a month before kidding that way I don't have to bug them after they kid. But the last two are more of a 'your choice' I would for sure do the CDT and gel :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we did give all our goats their copper bolus last month . the vitamin A & D now does that come in something specific for goats or the vitamins we take ? I will check out Jeffers for the gel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts