The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about a thread to share videos of our 4 legged brats? :)

I've been taking videos pretty much daily just for the heck of it, and sharing with my friends on FB. Also makes for great memories.

I took this March 18th - just hanging out with babies in one of their creep feeder stalls giving them lots of love. Ignore my goofy voice, I sound like a kid lol! I don't normally talk in videos lol
The babies - Bandit (the lap goat lol), Amelia (red w/4 white feet), George (traditional buck w/white face), Josie (red doe coming through creep door).
Josie was the most shy of the bunch, but she has turned super sweet.
Tandy is MY baby, then her brother Axel.

3-20
Lap war between Tandy and Bandit lol George is on the wall being a weirdo (Mindy and Jazabelle in the background eating hay - Mindy is 'my' baby girl, she owns my heart as does her daughter Tandy).
Skeeter is the paint buck, Spot is the one with a spot lol

Scat and Superior play like this every day (brothers), they are silly boys. The babies are not used to being out behind the barn, so they were fascinated - it was soooo funny because 4 of the 5 bucklings lined up at the fence to watch them. Axel was really into it, he wanted to get in there with them, he is going to be so naughty lol
Scat is like 'I'll protect you from him mom' lol. They are sweet boys since they aren't in rut anymore and have settled down considerably. You can see the pile of hair I brushed out of them that day lol!!

Ok share your videos too! Let's enjoy each other's goats and their antics! :)

·
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice idea! :)
Thanks! I hope everyone will participate!

My daughter worked with some of the babies early this evening after chores were done. The only time they'd been on a halter is when we walked them from the barn to the house and used the big weight scale a couple of weeks ago. I thought they did really well. These guys are just turning 9 weeks old.
Here's her buck kid, Skeeter

His sister, Lizzie - she's going to be a brat lol

Then for fun she got out her doe, Aspen who just turned a year old - she is Skeeter & Lizzie's older sister (different sire).
Aspen hadn't been worked with on a lead since August.

Willow just turned 14 months old, she is a sweetheart. My daughter used her for showmanship last year, and if we have summer shows this year I'm going to guess she'll want to show her.
We haven't started any prepping for them, just kind of holding our breath and trying to keep some hope for a summer show season. If that gets cancelled, we'll literally have nothing to look forward to :(

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
These aren't goat videos, but I think I've posted most of my goat videos at some time or another anyway, so here are a couple of horse videos, mostly just for you, HoosierShadow, since you love Thoroughbreds and are familiar with this guy's grandfather, Capote. My mom and I picked out the Capote son, Coverallbases, to breed to her Quarter Horse mare in 2008. Skokie was born in 2009 and was supposed to be a hunter/jumper for me, but my life took a somewhat different direction and I ended up doing more western riding than I anticipated.

At around 17 hands, Skokie was just plain too big for me, and I also didn't care for his extremely laid-back (shall I say, "lazy") attitude. He spent way more time in the pasture than any horse of his age and ability should do, and last year I finally decided to sell him and buy something more suitable. I made some videos for the man in Virginia who was interested in Skokie as a foxhunter. The man is the master of the Rock Bridge Hunt and ended up buying Skokie and riding him to hounds, which is exactly up Skokie's alley. He always hated arena work but loved the trail and being out in the woods, so I'm pretty sure this horse thinks he died and went to heaven. Skokie always struck me as a man's horse for some reason, and now he finally belongs to a man (who is big and strong enough to really get his legs on Skokie and make him move!).
On the longe line:

First time jumping a course of fences:

·
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awww I'm glad Skokie went to a good home where he can do things that suit him. He sure looks like a character in those videos! Thanks so much for sharing! I still love that he is a Capote grand son.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Here's a video I don't think I've posted here before:

This is my gal Tigerlily nervously enjoying an original squeezebox tune composed and played by the legendary John Mionczynski at the NAPgA Rendezvous in 2017. My friend Kate from Australia took the video. Watch in the beginning for one of Marc Warnke's huge, beautiful Alpine packgoats in the background. Also listen carefully for Tigerlily's occasional snorts. She wasn't sure what to think of that musical contraption!

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Here's an oldie but goodie! Sorry for the terrible quality. This was taken in 2009 on a digital camera (not a video camera) and it was one of my first attempts at filming. My videography skills haven't improved much, but at least my equipment is better these days! Anyway, it's still hilarious and it's fitting right now since April 19th will mark three years since we laid Cuzco to rest. What a funny old goat he was! He was seven years old and very much in his prime in this video!

·
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What a cute video! I'm sorry about the anniversary of Cuzco's death, I know that is a hard one. I am that way with 2 does we lost to toxemia over the years - when facebook memories come up when they were babies, or being shown, then when they died... it's so hard to lose favorites.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I can't say the memory of Cuzco's death makes me sad. Actually, some very fond and funny memories come up this time of year. Unlike your poor gals, he did not die tragically or early--those deaths are hard to take and sad to remember, especially if there's a pregnancy involved. But no, Cuzco lived to the ripe old age of 15, and as plain as if he could speak he told us when he was ready. He gave us a classic Hollywood farewell where he laid down on a soft blanket, and when the vet gave him the injection he closed his eyes and fell asleep with his head in my lap. It was one of the sweetest moments of my life and a fitting end for such a grand old character. I always felt he was born for the Silver Screen--the John Wayne of goats. I wished he could have starred in Pirates of the Caribbean and maybe pushed Jack Sparrow off a plank or something. That single sharp horn gave him quite the piratey air!

This was Cuzco's last meal. He stopped eating real food but he unapologetically maintained a voracious appetite for pure junk right up to the day he died. In fact, he was buried with the remainder of a can of cheddar cheese Pringles that he consumed with great relish at his graveside.

This song is all about Cuzco too but I never made a video to go with it:

:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts