Selinum Deficiency

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Mary Thomas, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Mary Thomas

Mary Thomas New Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Last week DH Dennis post that we have a 6lb baby goat will be four weeks old this weekend. She has developed what we think is White Muscel Diease. I tried to give her a shot Saturday using a needle diabetics use, but I don't think it went in through the skin. So instead of giving her another shot and risk overdosing her Monday I gave her .25cc BoSe orally. I don't see any improvement in her hind legs, she still uses them like stilts and the on leg crosses over the other constantly. I am wondering if I should give her another shot (using a regular needle) or still give it a few days?

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you can give up to 2 shots of BoSe from what I hear -- but more then that can cause overdoes and then you kill them.

3. Mary Thomas

Mary Thomas New Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Re: Selinum Deficiency Update on Kid

I wanted to let everyone know that Thumblina is doing much much better after the one shot of Bo-Se .5cc. It has taken at least one week for her to get to where she would use her rear legs in a normal walk even though she is still recovering. This week she is going out in the pasture with the rest of the goats. Now I have to start feeding her less so she gets hungry and eats what goats are supposed eat. In essence learn to be a goat. :leap: Thanks for your help.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    learning to be a goat can be a challenge -- so glad she is doing well now