Seller problems

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by Noisy Bottle Babies, Oct 22, 2020.

  1. Noisy Bottle Babies

    Noisy Bottle Babies Well-Known Member

    323
    Oct 7, 2019
    Galesville,WI
    Ok so some of you know I was going to buy a really nice 100% that I loved and still love well the person selling her said that after she got exposed to the buck in heat I could come pick her up and that it had to be this weekend well now yesterday night I got a message from her saying the doe is starting to get sick and where we could meet to give me back my deposit, after I read that I broke down into tears because she said that she would still be available in spring if she survives and was saying that she doesn’t feel right selling her to me while she’s sick but problem is my mom also texted her about a doe and she completely ignored her, looked at the text and didn’t reply we’ve bought medicine from her before for our goats and she knows what problems we had with barber pole last year and all that my mom said she feels like that she really doesn’t want to give me her what would you guys do, I already said I would wait it out and see if she gets better I mean when I met her she was being really nice, and now I don’t know about getting her what would you guys do in my situation?
     
  2. Tanya

    Tanya Well-Known Member

    Me being me.... the pro lifer I am.... put her to the test. Tell her you will take her sick and nurse her to health yourself. If she still refuses and still wants to give back the deposite, take your money back.
    My gutt is telling me its more than the doe being ill. She probably was either bread to the wrong buck or sold to some one else.
    Just my thoughts
     

  3. Noisy Bottle Babies

    Noisy Bottle Babies Well-Known Member

    323
    Oct 7, 2019
    Galesville,WI
    Thing is she said it wouldn't be good for her to travel while sick, and ive been waiting for this goat since the last week of September
     
  4. Oliveoil

    Oliveoil Well-Known Member

    245
    Sep 3, 2019
    Wisconsin
    I'm not the same person as Tanya. I refuse to buy other people's problems. This breeder sounds shady and evasive, I would pass, there will be other does.
     
  5. Tanya

    Tanya Well-Known Member

    I agree with Olivoil. Something feels off
     
  6. Noisy Bottle Babies

    Noisy Bottle Babies Well-Known Member

    323
    Oct 7, 2019
    Galesville,WI
    Yeah even other big goat farmers that my mom is freinds with are saying something and and that she's screwing me with this doe
     
    Moers kiko boars likes this.
  7. Oliveoil

    Oliveoil Well-Known Member

    245
    Sep 3, 2019
    Wisconsin
    If others are saying negative things about this breed too for me personally it would be a HARD NO.
     
  8. Tanya

    Tanya Well-Known Member

    Then I agree. As hard as it is cut your losses, get your money back and look elsewhere
     
    Noisy Bottle Babies likes this.
  9. Noisy Bottle Babies

    Noisy Bottle Babies Well-Known Member

    323
    Oct 7, 2019
    Galesville,WI
    Yeah that's what I'm planning on doing already look at a percentage doe who won reserve champion at the show in Watertown I think last year?
     
    Moers kiko boars likes this.
  10. toth boer goats

    toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

    Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Do know, a good breeder, will not allow a goat who is sick or severely injured to leave, until better, which may be a couple of weeks at most if it is illness.
    If it is a broken bone and the buyer still wants the goat, will have to wait until healed.

    If the situation is real bad, to where the goat dies or was evaluated by a vet and confirmed, is way too injured, for breeding, will I offer money back to the buyer or offer another goat.

    When shipping a goat to another location, new surroundings is very stressful in itself, add illness, that is not a good combination.

    If she is however ignoring you.
    That is a read flag.
    If you cannot even go see the goat, that is also wrong of the breeder.
    A good breeder would allow you to do so, so you can decide what you want to do thereafter. And see for yourself their honesty.
     
  11. Noisy Bottle Babies

    Noisy Bottle Babies Well-Known Member

    323
    Oct 7, 2019
    Galesville,WI
    She refuses to let us see her Now I think I’m just gonna get my deposit back and call it under the rug
     
  12. ksalvagno

    ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

    As long as you are getting your full money back, take the money and run.
     
  13. Noisy Bottle Babies

    Noisy Bottle Babies Well-Known Member

    323
    Oct 7, 2019
    Galesville,WI
    Yeah I’m just gonna take that money and reinvest in another doe at this point I don’t even care if it’s percentage
     
  14. Goats Rock

    Goats Rock Member

    Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    Yep. Get your deposit back. Maybe it is something really bad like CAE or CL. Anyway, better that you found out now and not later. There are zillions of good goats out there, your perfect one will come along!
     
  15. goatblessings

    goatblessings Fair-Haven Supporting Member

    Jan 5, 2015
    Southwest Ohio
    Or...... she could have illness running through her barn right now and doesn't want to sell anything at this time or she also may have another buyer in the works for the other doe. She did offer a full refund. We don't know her situation and she may have her hands full. She also may be very careful with biosecurity issues right now. I don't like to put a negative spin on anyone without knowing all the facts. Things can get misconstrued. That being said, I would get my money back and be thankful she didn't sell you a sick animal.
     
  16. Noisy Bottle Babies

    Noisy Bottle Babies Well-Known Member

    323
    Oct 7, 2019
    Galesville,WI
    Yeah I don't wanna make her seem like a bad person but its very frustrating that I've been waiting a while but what's done is done
     
    Moers kiko boars and Iluvlilly! like this.
  17. AndersonRanch

    AndersonRanch Well-Known Member

    114
    Oct 17, 2020
    California
    Honestly I’m not seeing the issue. I would be giving the deposit back and I would hate to think that if I was in that situation and I was doing the right thing that I would be spoken badly about. She has a sick goat. She doesn’t want her reputation to be that she is selling sick animals. She doesn’t want to saddle you up with a issue. She is also being realistic in the fact that if she makes it over whatever is going on then she will sell her to you.
    I also agree not to move her. You don’t really want to stress a sick animal. Stress lowers the immune system and if she is already sick that very possibly could put her over the edge and kill her. And be honest, how would you feel or what would you do if the goat ended up dying, after you paid good money, shortly after you got her? I know I would be mad and I would want my money back. But her side would probably say it’s on you for wanting to move her.
    Get your money back. If you absolutely can not live without this goat then wait and see about buying her later. I understand that it’s frustrating that you have been waiting for this animal and you had great plans for her, but that is livestock. Sometimes crap happens, and at least it’s not on your bill to treat her or if she does happen to die then it won’t be your loss. I had a buyer that I had to refund her deposit because it died. I was upset, I wasn’t just out money but that was one of my babies that I birthed, I was heart broken and I hated having to tell the buyer I had to refund her money. She went on a huge rant about how that screwed her over and she passed up another kid blah blah. That didn’t change the facts. The kid was already dead and I couldn’t bring her back to life, all it did was make me feel 10X worse.
     
    HMNS, Ranger1, R.Williamson and 9 others like this.
  18. Noisy Bottle Babies

    Noisy Bottle Babies Well-Known Member

    323
    Oct 7, 2019
    Galesville,WI
    I’m seeing where she’s coming from but my mom isn’t she wants me to just give up on her and never talk to this breeder again, I wanted to seen where everyone stands on this as being pulled both ways is kinda frustrating I would much rather have her healthy than sick like with the little baby i had to pull she was reserved by someone as 50% but ended up dying 2 weeks later and now her twin isn’t growing well so both of those we gave back deposits. But I would honestly like to know what she has so i could chip in the cost of medicine
     
  19. CountyLineAcres

    CountyLineAcres Well-Known Member

    Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
    It’s frustrating that she got sick, but it’s responsible for the breeder to want to refund your money and to not want to sell a sick animal.

    If it were us, we probably wouldn’t allow visitors to see a sick animal, since it wouldn’t help the situation and just add more stress to everyone involved. Maybe the breeder didn’t respond to your mother because she’s distracted and upset. I’d give her the benefit of the doubt and see what happens.
     
  20. Noisy Bottle Babies

    Noisy Bottle Babies Well-Known Member

    323
    Oct 7, 2019
    Galesville,WI
    Thats what I'm doing for now and going to wait for spring to see how she is