Selling and marketing

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Sunrise, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Sunrise

Sunrise New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Idaho
    As some of you know may know I will be breeding Boer goats soon. So I was wondering how you guys market your goats. Do you have a website? Newpaper? And how do you go about pricing them? I know bloodlines are a big thing also so how do you go about finding information on them? THanks for all your help!

2. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    I think there are a few registries out there for Boer Goats, you might do some research on the net and see what you can find out. I think a lot of folks do the majority of their advertising through their own website or simply by word of mouth. We've also had some luck by advertising on bulliten boards around town and by putting ads in the newspaper. Although for some reason we didn't have as great of luck last time we advertised in the newspaper. You best bet is to ask around with your fellow boer goat friends and see how they are pricing their boers. I go with bloodlines more when I price my goats. Of course with the minis-I went by their generation.

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Boer goats seem to be easier to sell than dairy goats, at least my brother can sell his goats easier than I can mine :p

I use websites, word of mouth, and newspaper adds, those seem to work good so far.

As far as boer lines and genetics go, I can't really tell you much there, I haven't studied them enough. Still working on dairy lines :p :wink: