Selling Demi's kids already? ROFL

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by lesserweevil, Mar 14, 2009.

1. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I got a call from a woman yesterday who wants a goat as a pet to run with her cattle (dont ask me why). Anyway I told her she should get two, so that they kept each other company. She saw the ad for Isa, you see. She also didnt want to pay 250EUR for a goat that she was never going to breed, have milk from, etc. as she just wanted a little pet. She seemed really nice though and totally understood why I couldnt sell Isa for less - so when I suggested that if Demi had a buckling or two, I wethered them for her as pets for 75EUR each, she was really happy with that and says she's going to phone me back after Demi's babies are born, at the end of April. I told her that I could give her the babies as bottle babies if she would prefer that, and she wants to look into how to do it first which I think is a very responsible idea :greengrin:

I'm ecstatic that I might be able to sell any buck kids already and Demi hasnt even kidded (I mean I want all doelings, but anyway!!!)

LW

2. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Congrats! You have a "sales list"! Hope you have does, but it's great to have an outlet for wethers that doesn't involve "camp" and "freezers"!

3. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    well i'd get selling the boys since your going to have :boy: :boy: :boy: :boy: :boy: :boy: :boy: :boy: :boy: :boy: :boy: of them

muahahaha

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I know it would be a quicker sale ........But ..I am not sure.. that taking the kids off mom ...to be bottle babies.. especially... if there is nothing wrong with mom.....would be logical....

Babies do better with mom and are stress free.....unlike bottle feeding.... problems can arise.....
    Don't get me wrong.. I respect you ...in any decision you may make...good luck.... :hug:

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I have to agree with Pam. I have lost several sales because I will not let them bottle feed them, but sorry I will not do that just because. I believe it is so much better for mom and baby to nurse. I will never sell one like that but that is just my :2cents:
    I hope she will still buy them. Foe me as I know they are leaving I do not mess with them and do not get attached.

6. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    It does seem most logical that babies should be with mom. I agree with the both of you.

7. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I agree with that too, btw, I always like to leave kids on their mothers. There are a heck of a lot of people here who pull kids if they're singles, or just... because they want to. I normally leave kids with their mothers for 3 months. But TBH if she gave me 75E per kid at birth (she only wants males and I'm hoping for females =] ) and understood that I wouldn't replace or refund a bottlebaby, then I might consider it.

Besides, it's weeks til kidding time anyway. And, I'll probably be so attached to the little boogers anyway :greengrin:

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    before pulling make sure you have a none refundable deposit! otherwise I think its great that you have them sold :)

9. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    DEFINITELY I get paid before I pull them! Not just a deposit, I want the full 75E !!!

I dont want to be stuck with bottle babies...

oh and I had a dream about Demi last night. I dreamt her udder was huge - but awfully lopsided and droopy :(

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    sounds good - dont you hate those dreams!