Selling goats, buying goats?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by keren, Jul 12, 2009.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Well the website is doing its job! Its absolutely amazing!

In not even a week, I've sold all the does, plus the two pet wethers I've got on the website. Only got the boer buck, and some bottle babies. AND I've got people down on my waiting list for when more kids arrive. I've even sold some that werent for sale :oops:

And of course, I cant help myself. The neighbour gave me a goat a couple days ago :oops: the strangest looking thing. She is boer cross - all white with floppy ears - well, floppy EAR, she's only got one ear, the other was bitten off by a dog when she was just born. Interestingly, there is no hole where her ear should be, its all healed over. Weird.

I've also enquired about some saanen does that someone is looking to rehome ... 3 of them, all registered and show does.

Aaaaand, the biggest thing of all ... I'm waiting to get photos ... of a 10 yr old Australian Meelan doe who has a highly successful show career, people lined up to get kids out of her etc.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    i know I love my website!

Congrats on the sales

sounds like you cant get rid of that goat buying bug

3. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    you arent wrong there, Stacey. I think you will like this meelan doe - she's solid black :wink:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    must add that you arent the only one bitten by that same bug - he travels around the world real fast biting people

OO LOVE BLACK.

When Teresa said "its so hard to sell the adult blacks" I knew she was for me, i could help out a friend while getting a doe I realy liked and black to boot

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    great job!

whats a meelan goat? :greengrin:

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Wow... congrats on your sales and website.... :leap: ..they are great aren't they... :wink: :greengrin:

7. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    That's very cool :)

8. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    The Australian Meelan is a dairy breed developed in Australia, particularly to survive in our difficult climate. They do well on just pasture - no supplementary grain/hay. Of course this girl will be pampered - hay and grain plus green grass.

And they are solid black :wink:

:oops: I just realised I've been spelling the name wrong :doh: Its Melaan. How embarrassing

9. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    [​IMG]

The melaan doe is on the far left. Terrible photo, but all I can find at the moment to show you the breed.