The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to go in different direction with my herd and am selling a couple of my grade does put my add up a few mins ago and already have someone coming to see my girls now I am sad I was thinking it would be a while not so quick I know it's right thing to do but I have had these girls since they where 2 weeks old if they go I am going to miss them soooo much.

·
Super Moderator
58,847 Posts
It is very tough when you make decisions. I had to make some decisions myself this year and reduced my goat herd of 6 down to 3. They went to great homes but I still felt guilty. But due to my circumstances, having only 3 goats is best.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only thing that will make it a little easier is that they will be going together they have been together since they where born but it is going to be hard

·
Registered
979 Posts
Keren, I know one of your does and her twins came to stay in Shelbyville at a friends where I keep my buck and just so you know they are being loved on a ton down here ;) Goat people have to share...to make more goat people!

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Hey...it's better to sell them quick and get it over with than drag it out and sell them later or worse...have no buyers for them and have to hang onto them. :hug: But totally know how you feel...i'm having to make some tough cuts this year too. :(

·
14,760 Posts
Definitely not easy to sell, but sadly we all have to make these decisions, so heartbreaking though :(

Keren, I know one of your does and her twins came to stay in Shelbyville at a friends where I keep my buck and just so you know they are being loved on a ton down here ;) Goat people have to share...to make more goat people!
Nice to see another Hoosier on here :) I grew up in Indiana, but live in Kentucky now. I lived in Indy for a while on the southside. Just wanted to say hi! :)

·
376 Posts
Two years ago I bought 2 doelings (twins) and only wanted to have two goats... but I wanted milk.... so now I have twelve!!! I need to sell at least 6 and am having a terrible time making the decision on who goes and who stays.

It's wearing me out trying to keep up with them and my 3 horses amoung other things. I am going to make up some flyers and post them around the feed stores and also use Craig's List. But I have had my 2 bucklings and doeling (triplets) on CL for about 3 weeks now and not one inquiry.

I'm afraid if someone does come to see them, I'll end up not letting them go! LOL

Goatgirl16 I feel your pain!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So my Abby and Bella left along with 2 of most favorite Pygmy girls I have been sobbing my head off for a hour the family is great I really like them had a good vib and everything and just so sad to let them go and my goat house feels empty :(

·
Super Moderator
58,847 Posts
That is nice that they went to a good home. Even nicer that there will be a little bit bigger herd than just the 2 and they all know each other. It will get better. These decisions are never easy.

·
Shady Acre Homestead
14,283 Posts
So my Abby and Bella left along with 2 of most favorite Pygmy girls I have been sobbing my head off for a hour the family is great I really like them had a good vib and everything and just so sad to let them go and my goat house feels empty :(
:hug:

I had to let go of a stunted alpine doe....I cried like a baby! But time heals the wound....focus on the ones you still have :hug:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone I am so glad to have people who understand to talk to most people think I am nuts ( which might be a little true)

·
376 Posts
Someone just called and wants to get one of my bucklings and the doeling. She sounds very knowledgable so I don't think I have to worry too much if this family buys them.

BUT!!!! Who's going to be here to make me let these people take them away???? LOL Somebody better be!!!

*Let go of the goat....it is no longer yours once they paid you for it!*

1 - 15 of 15 Posts