The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be selling a buck of mine in a few days, and it is the first animal I will have sold. The buyer knows that he is not registered from the ad, but that he is registerable. Is there anything I have to give her to enable her to register him, or can she register him by just having all the sire and dam information and such? I SHOULD know this, because when I bought a few of my animals a few years ago, they weren't registered, but they did come with papers that had all their info so that I could register them. I guess I'm just trying to remember what was what info was on the registration sheet that the buyer might not be able to just look up, if anything. I think I'm going to go to the ADGA website and see if I can find a registration application so that I can write down all applicable info.....but I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything obvious I was missing since I have never sold an animal. I think maybe she just needs the birth date, sire and dam, my ADGA number....anything beside that? Kind of a long post for such a simple question...sorry.

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
You need to send them with a registration application with the sire, dam, tattoo, breed, color, etc. info filled out. You can either name him, or leave the name space blank, except for your herd name and let them name him. You can download and print the application from the ADGA site.

·
1,524 Posts
And make sure you sign in all the right places! I went ot register my LM buck this year and didn't notice that the breeder didn't sign on one of the lines, even tho he did print his name and address. They sent a revised application back that I had to send to the breeder so he could sign and send back! What a pain.

I will say that ADGA did great about getting the registration back to me all legal and all in less than a week!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts