Selling our goats

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by PotterWatch, May 18, 2009.

1. PotterWatch

PotterWatch New Member

Jan 23, 2009
    So. California
    We have only had our goats for a short time and we have really enjoyed them, but we are going to be selling them. One of our neighbors has complained about them so I am constantly worried about the noise level. My husband really wants a little more freedom to do things like go camping and we aren't in an area where we can easily find someone to come do milking even for a day or two. There are a couple other reasons, but those are the big ones. I am so glad that we have had them though as I am now absolutely certain that when we move, we need to make sure it is a property that will work well for goats. I am looking forward to being able to have them in a more goat-friendly environment. What I need input on is what price I should ask for them. I bought a bred pair of does (mother/daughter), for $450. They are both F3 registered mini-manchas that are currently in milk but have not yet been bred again. I also have a doeling born in January who has not yet been registered, but she is registerable. She is also an F3 and has the best personality of the three. So anyone have any ideas of what I should look to get for them?

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Does the pair in milk do well in the milk pail? That would be a selling point as well as the registration. The unregistered doeling would move quicker if her paperwork was sent in, and if you have background on her parents as far as milking lines etc.

Also, the milking pair...are the kids still with you or have they been sold?
    I'm sorry that you need to rehome them, but always try and get back what you paid for them at minimum.