Selling the Goat Aggressive Goat

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by TexasRanger, Nov 20, 2010.

1. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    My MSFG cross, Brigitte, has gotten aggressive towards the other does since she had her kids. I know it's probably hormonal, but I'm selling her before she kills/hurts something. It's not the "stay away" or "I'm dominate!" type aggression, more like chasing them around the pen, until they get away. I'm selling her with the only other goat she is not aggressive towards, her daughter, Athena. Anyone else want this LOVELY goat. :roll: (She is not aggressive when unpreggo or preggo, just after the kids have come out.)

2. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    My goats would teach her how the world works :D

LOL! I've brought in aggressive does like that before. My queen, Hope, won't tolerate it. She's the best queen a herd could ask for.

3. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I live in Canyon Lake, near New Braunfels. If your herd ever feels the need for a "challenge". One of the twins she had, the one I'm keeping, had wattles.
    Hint, before she ends up in my freezer, hint,hint, hint.

4. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Lol! I think I hear a hint...

It's not a huge distance, but probably too far for me to convince hubby to drive at the moment. A shame, cause she sure would learn a lesson here about who's boss and who isn't! Plus I do love the silky fainter crosses.

Ever go into College Station? LOL

5. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Nope, but my "no goats in the shiny new 2011 Chevy Silverado" dad does. How about this, I'll keep her till you can find a way up here. I'll just put her back in the main pasture, twins are weaned this week, and my problem will be solved. All the other does are in my "maternity ward" of a backyard. (I also want to downsize, the people in my area I don't trust to not see a full grown goat and go "Taco!", she's way to cute for that. :( ) One thing, she is not show quality. I don't even know where she came from, I rescued her from a life eating cat food in a hoarders backyard. She also has double teats on both teats, they don't get in the way of the kids though and neither of her daughters inherited them.

6. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Hehehe! We transport goats in our chevy malibu all the time. Hubby whines about it but tough cookies. LOL.

I'll let you know if we ever decide to make a trip out that way again. Too bad you didn't mention it earlier, I was just outside of Austin last month picking up Tornado.

Or let me know if you come out to College Station. I have more than enough room and does who can produce pet quality babies are very welcome. Although I will admit any multi-teated bucklings will get wethered and eaten, if they don't find a pet home. My Boer mix Fancy has multi-teats and her boys will be going the same way.

7. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Last month I couldn't have sold her anyways, her kids where still nursing and no way in heck is my baby Ari leaving this property. Can you see I'm attached to her? Ari, the kid who must climb the tallest tree and hop around up there until I about climb the tree to get her, is the only goat besides Snickers I could never sell. Someday I would love one of your pet quality Nigis. I miss the one I used to have, her name was Coco Puff and she didn't even live a year. :sigh:
    [​IMG]

8. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    What a pretty girl, I remember when you lost her, it was so sad!

I love my Nigis, and at the moment I'm breeding what I consider the best of the best. Good hooves, good structurally sound udders, worm resistant, rarely sick. Or at least that's what I'm aiming for! I culled all the does who just weren't up to snuff this past year and brought in new stock. I'm REALLY looking forward to kiddings! Three does due in less than a month, then the juniors are spread out over the spring.

9. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    What would a wether cost? This won't be for a loooong time, in a few years I'll be able to move out from my parents house and find an area zoned for livestock. I'll just have Ari, Snickers and my "worm resistent, perfect hooves," dream wether. I've found I can't live without goats, its painful. :tears:

10. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I know the feeling! Even if I decided to get out of goats, I would keep a couple of my favorite. They're too special.

Wethers are generally around $75 right now. Hopefully the price of feed won't go up anymore. It's murder I tell ya! LOL

11. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Yay, that's in my price range! My does go for $75 and the bucks (unless they show me pet potential as wethers, tacos they will be) $50. As you can tell by my sig, I have a potpurri of goat. Kiko, Boer , Nubian, MSF, Pygmy, Spanish, and a dash of Nigi. One thing I forgot to mention, thanks to my lovely pygmy cross, she will be due to kid on April 13, 2011 :GAAH: . Thank you, Rollo. She was in heat and my determined pygmy found a way over my, now 8ft, fence. It is now 1000% escape proof, I spent 3 hours watching him and unless he flies, he won't be leaving the pen, electric wire will do that. Yes, the WTF look a Pygmy gets when he meets electricity. :ROFL:

12. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Hey, sounds great to me! I'd love one of each breed myself LOL.

13. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I'll sell her daughter, but keep her until you can come up here or I can talk my dad into driving down there. I trust you to give her a better home then most of the people up here, I have a feeling once someone witnesses her "issue" she'll end up in the auction barn. She's had enough happen to her in her short life, I want her to go to a place I can trust she'll be taken good care of.

14. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    No problem, if we can ever find a way to meet up, what's one more, right? Hehe. Already have one hayburner who is most likely sterile, at least pretty Brigette can contribute towards the feed bill!

Feel free to pm/email/facebook/whatever me anytime, I'm usually around!

15. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Here's a pic of her kids, if you haven't seen them already. The gray is Ari and the red is Athena.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    What cuties! And I just LOVE her long silky hair. One of my Pygmy crosses has "britches" or long hair on her legs and I adore it.

She'd fit right in around here. Much better than the taco truck, right? LOL.

ETA: Oh and hey, if she makes it here and makes us some pretty babies, well your future wether is on the house. That's only fair, right? :greengrin:

17. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Oh, thank your, thank you, thank you. Brigitte will remain here until you get here or she dies of old age. I know there not the best pics, but any idea on what the daddy could have been?

18. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Oh her darling kiddos? Probably a Nigerian or Nigi cross I'd bet. They are TOO cute especially the chammy with the spots. <3

I'm keeping an eye out for any pals who might be traveling between our locations in case Bridgette can catch a ride with someone. You never know, right? :)

19. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Tell them to strap her to the roof if they have to, heck I'll UPS her! :laugh: Side note, I've honestly never seen her stressed. When I brought her home, she rode in the back of my mom's Chevy Equinox and chewed her cud. No "WTF look" or anything. She just laid back there sedately looking at me. That must be a plus, right? Another thing, I honestly think Ari (chammy with spots) thinks she's a dog. The only goat I know that when you pet her she wags her tail.

20. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Hehe, my Hope wags her tail like a dog when I pet her. I love it! Hope's very calm like that too. She's been on several car rides and is rather used to it by now LOL.

Fingers crossed someone heads this way one of these days. UPS isn't a fan of noisy boxes full of goats apparently. LOL!