The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I can hardly contain my excitement for this upcoming kidding season! :7up:
All but one of the does due should have registerable kids.

This is the February group we have:

Demelza ( http://www.adgagenetics.org/GoatDetail.aspx?RegNumber=N001851383 ), if bred, is due February 9th for her first kid(s), she'll be almost exactly 2 years old by then. She's bred to Israel, pictures here:
https://zareemeadows.weebly.com/israel.html
IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_9574.JPG

3.5-ish year old Matilda ( http://www.adgagenetics.org/GoatDetail.aspx?RegNumber=N001976400 ) is due February 13th, this'll be her 3rd freshening. She was bred to Orion, pictures here:
https://zareemeadows.weebly.com/orion.html
IMG_3697.JPG

Semi Sweet ( http://www.adgagenetics.org/GoatDetail.aspx?RegNumber=N001900617 ) is also 3.5 years old and, if bred, is due February 16th for her 3rd set of kids - she's also bred to Orion, pictures here:
https://zareemeadows.weebly.com/orion.html
IMG_9450.JPG

Well that wasn't a very good picture of Semi Sweet... Is this better? :D
IMG_9820.JPG

Today Saffron, 2.5 year old 88% registered Kiko, was bred to "Joe" a 6-7 month, purebred registered Kiko buck (we are borrowing him from the same breeder we got Saffron and Mazil from) for purebred Kiko kids, due March 19th if she takes. She'll be a 2nd freshener. Unlike some other goats (*cough* *cough* Demelza) Saffron was delighted with our choice of bucks. In the pictures you can tell she's smitten with him. :rolleyes:

IMG_9812.JPG

IMG_9809.JPG

IMG_9807.JPG

Here she is a couple days ago, when she actually took the time to eat. (Today she was too busy wooing her man to bother with eating)
IMG_9433.JPG

IMG_9804.JPG

That's all for now. It'll only let me download 10 pictures at time.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New after-milking pictures of the "Nubes"! Our vet will perform Ultrasounds on them in early to mid November so we'll know for sure if they're pregnant or not. These next pictures are just so I can look back and see the progress.

Demelza (40 days post breeding)
IMG_9950.JPG

Demelza has a very low escutcheon, Israel has a pretty high escutcheon though, so that is one reason why I chose him to breed her
IMG_9953.JPG

Matilda (36 days post breeding) - she is still in milk from her last kidding (9 months ago) but she started drying herself off a couple weeks ago and I'm about to quit milking her.
IMG_9931.JPG

IMG_9933.JPG

Semi Sweet (33 days post breeding) - she kidded 10 months ago and is slowly drying off as well, only giving about 2-3 pounds now
IMG_9913.JPG

IMG_9909.JPG

Random pics
IMG_9961.JPG

IMG_9958.JPG

IMG_9935.JPG

IMG_9904.JPG

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Five does got Ultrasounds today! 4 out of 5 are most certainly pregnant, which is exactly what I wanted! The one that is open is our 10 month old Kiko doeling. She got in with the Nubian bucklings in September (she apparently couldn't wait another month for the Kiko buck to arrive) and appeared to have settled (no heats) but I guess she didn't, luckily. I don't really want Kiko/Nubian crosses.

They only saw 1 goat kid each in Matilda, Semi Sweet and Magnolia (Magnolia's was BIG! I'm pretty sure she's at least 3-4 months along). Demelza, however, had at least 2! It was so fun seeing their little heads, spines and ribs. They were so cute. :inlove:

Here are pictures from tonight, when they were eating alfalfa. I let them eat for 10-15 minutes each night, that way they have enough time to eat quite a bit but they also don't poop and pee on it.
When eating alfalfa hay, they all hunch up and just look horrible! So please excuse what appear to be severe roach backs, steep rumps and cow hocks. (blush) (rofl)

Magnolia (left) and Matilda
IMG_0145.JPG

IMG_0141.JPG

Demelza's the big clumsy, insecure one of the group
IMG_0131.JPG

IMG_0132.JPG

IMG_0099.JPG

Left is Orion (he's 7 months old) and right is Matilda :eek:
IMG_0110.JPG

Left to right; Orion and Israel (both 7 months), Matilda, Semi Sweet
IMG_0112.JPG

The girl in front is sweet Sybbie! She's a 6-7 month old purebred Kiko doeling - Dipity's BFF.
IMG_0108.JPG

IMG_0133.JPG

IMG_0123.JPG

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am going to rearrange the hay bales so that they can't climb on them. Their hooves are always clean but I still rather keep them off of it. Especially the stinky bucks. :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
Goodness! If i had reg sized nubs i would so need make a trip to louisiana for an israel and dez kid! They are both so so beautiful! His ears are tdf! And her frosties i adore.

Is the one kiko the only one you have right now? We are gonna be on the lookout for kikos this spring. The mister says he will have meat goats next year. Okie dokie love. ;).

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Goodness! If i had reg sized nubs i would so need make a trip to louisiana for an israel and dez kid! They are both so so beautiful! His ears are tdf! And her frosties i adore.

Is the one kiko the only one you have right now? We are gonna be on the lookout for kikos this spring. The mister says he will have meat goats next year. Okie dokie love. ;).
We have 3 does/doelings. These are the 2 doelings, Mazil (black) and Sybbie. And then the big brown one pictured in an earlier post is Mazil's mom.
I love the Kikos! They are very hardy for sure. If/when you do get some, post lots of pictures! ;)
IMG_0080.JPG

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Things are progressing well for Magnolia! Her udder has been slowly but surely filling, starting around the end of October. I'm *guessing* that she's due around Christmas time? Maybe a bit sooner? But I have no idea. She was obviously bred by the buck before I got her though. I'm a little bummed that she wasn't able to be bred to our Kiko buck, but looking on the brighter side, we'll have milk (even if it's just a little bit) soon!

September 9th & October 27th
IMG_9170.JPG IMG_0029.JPG

December 3rd (yesterday)
IMG_1104.JPG IMG_1106.JPG

And this was the buck she ran with for months and months. :( He was supposedly a Pygmy cross. I do not plan on keeping her kid(s) - one crazy little mini goat is enough to keep track of!
IMG_8667.JPG

·
Registered
354 Posts
Ooooooo! I love magnolias coloring and spots! So beautiful!

And I love those buck aprons I saw in the previous pictures. Did you make them or where did you buy them?

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ooooooo! I love magnolias coloring and spots! So beautiful!

And I love those buck aprons I saw in the previous pictures. Did you make them or where did you buy them?
Thank you! She has a very special place in my heart. :)
We bought the buck aprons from House Of Bacchus Pet Supplies. The owner is actually a member on this forum! If you do order one, make sure to get one with a chest/security strap - otherwise the buck will slip right out of it!

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I put the goats out on the rye grass for the first time today. They only got 30 minutes but they loved it!
37A8C99A-A92A-4224-AA7C-42AD4B3C136F.jpeg

AD77F5FA-E35D-485E-B097-5F4DF1FD4D51.jpeg

9FC70508-2764-4B79-9220-4F659606D33F.jpeg

My sweet boys :inlove:
EA97FEC2-B918-447F-9F00-D3692EC7DEC3.jpeg

Someone is getting a little chubby... (shy)
39CBBE4F-1B8A-49A7-9F54-D62A36B498D1.jpeg

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
image.jpg
Really?!?!! You STILL have green grass.... JEALOUS! This is my view... i have a bunch of whiney mad nope animals here. Lol.

Eta... what other grasses do you have that they love? We are seedin one pasture this spring and reseedin another. We have an idea of what to put but it is always nice to hear tried and trues for important stuffs like grasses. :).

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Oh @Sfgwife! :funnytech: You are so funny!
We usually plant a mix of rye, clover and wheat, all of which the goats absolutely love. But this year, it's mostly rye with a bit of clover here and there.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Oh, and I *think* Magnolia may possibly be in pre-labor. Or her kid(s) are getting into position.
She's very restless/uncomfortable and keeps getting up and down, up and down. Shifting her feet, pawing the ground, gazing at nothing... She looks MISERABLE! I remember that for her first (and only so far) kidding back in 2016, she had at least 4 hours of this after which her twins were born very quickly.

Her udder isn't anywhere near being full though, and her ligs are still there. So I suspect that she's just playing with me. :waiting: We'll see!

ETA, here's a picture:
E41F5F55-F2C9-4991-B33D-8A85F5749317.jpeg

1 - 20 of 167 Posts