The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
I have good and bad news. Bad news first:

Magnolia was liar, and is still holding that baby/babies hostage. (headsmash):imok:

But the good news is, Israel's dam (Saada Faith of Grace) just got a Superior Genetics designation! Which is very exciting! (dance) She kidded as a yearling FF this year, and has milked very well. She was on milk test and I think produced (on average) over a gallon a day. This makes me even more excited to see Demelza and Israel's kids!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
That's a lot of milk for a FF!

If I remember correctly when a doe is farther along sometime they can miss a kid. I'm also interested to see if the ultrasound was correct!

Hopefully, she goes soon I want to see what the kid(s) look like! And satisfy my need for baby goats!

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
*Sigh* Still no cute little goat kids to snuggle with. (embarrassed) Magnolia's last possible due date is January 23rd. I have a sneaking suspicion that she is waiting until sometime between January 10th through 17th - I'll be gone during that time (1 whole week!).
If she does kid then, I'll never forgive her LOL! :Do_O
IMG_0466.JPG

IMG_0467.JPG

To close on a (much) happier note, Demelza has been busy growing a wee little udder as well as a small belly! I don't really see any difference in Matilda and Semi Sweet yet.
IMG_0473.JPG

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Goat_Scout, I love those aprons! Can you let me see the construction, or tell me how they are made?
I'm not really sure how to explain how they're made, but I can get better pictures of them for you. I bought them from House of Bacchus Pet Supplies.

Reactions: toth boer goats

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Goat_Scout, thanks! I found the firm on the Net, oh, dear, what a big supply! I shall have to scroll for a while before finding my way on that page. (But I would not be scared at all from their cartoon; a billy-buck giving flowers to a female sheep!)

I made the aprons myself when needed.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Well I thought we were onto something last night
IMG_0586.jpg

But noooooooooooooo :confused::confused:
IMG_0607.JPG

IMG_0609.JPG

And I'm actually leaving tonight (instead of early Thursday morning), so Magnolia doesn't have much time to get the ball rolling, so to speak. I'm sure that she's close, but not close enough to kid before I leave.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Yes, my sisters will still be here to goat sit. I'm sure that they'll take care of her just fine, but if she does go into labor and there are complications, I don't know if they'd be able to tell soon enough.
I have a long list for them of what to do when she kids, but I'm still worried nonetheless. We do have probably 4 vets (2 goat savvy ones) within 45 minutes' drive who could help out if needed.
I'm going to have them put her in the kidding pen every night and check on her often.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Now, that is a luxury! :)
I know, we are very lucky to have so many available! One is our friend and she lives not even 5 minutes down the road from us. :)

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I just wanted to stop by and say that Magnolia gave up her hostages 2 days after I left!
On Friday, around 2:00pm she had a pair of flashy bucklings.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 167 Posts