Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by lesserweevil, Nov 24, 2007.

1. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I am confused... Whissy is being annoying and confusing me...

ok I got home Wednesday. Thursday, Whissy was showing a little red around her hind end. Yah sure, hope it doesnt get any worse. Yesterday (Friday) evening, she was discharging and when I let Sammy out, they fought long and hard and she was flagging at the same time. However she wouldn't let him near her, and he only wanted her udder. TODAY (Saturday), she is just a bit red again, and no interest in Sammy really - sniffs him a bit but that's it - and fights him, but only occasionally flags when she does so.

Now the question is - could that have been her coming in heat and out again? My mother says that the last 2 times (when I've been away) she has kept coming into heat rather than it disappearing so quickly - and last time she came in heat was when she was taken to the buck and served.

Could she be pregnant and that just have been a false alarm yesterday? It was a Sunday that she was taken to the buck last time, so really 21 days is today or tomorrow. However she could have come in early...

anyway I CANT take her to the buck this weekend - we're too busy - and anyway, at the minute she isn't discharging. Her tail doesnt have any moisture on it from when she was discharging yesterday - she wasn't discharging enough for that.

She is worrying me and stressing me out because I SO want her to be pregnant. I should have taken a photo of her yesterday and today but I didn't.

Sammy DID show a bit of interest in Harmony (at which point Harmony and Demi ran to me and hid behind me)

any thoughts please???
  2. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Sometimes the white type of discharge is the end of the heat so if she'd already passed her standing heat part, then you'll have to wait for her next cycle.

3. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    it wasn't white, it was clear discharge.

and I got the "hobnob effect" tonight

(hobnobs are oatmeal cookies)

I had to run away and climb on a gate to avoid being run down by the marauding savages... Whissy got her cookies and then I had to yell for dad to pull her away so that I could feed the younger two. I climbed down and was promptly jumped upon by the brown and the white blobs, who, once their heads were level with mine, insisted that they got their fair share of the spoils...
  4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Katie I don't know what to say, sounds like it is a waiting game to see if it was a false heat or if you need to get her bred again.
  5. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I have a doe right now that is in the pen now with a buck who's been bred 4 times previously. I am going to take her to the vet next heat to have them check her or medicate her.
  6. ozarksvalley

ozarksvalley New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    my doe is doing this too.... I hope Whissy is just 'faking' it, and I hope my Dolly is too. It's so frustrating, I was practically SURE she was bred and then she went and did this. Just like Whissy- she won't let the buck near. Dolly is my yearling, had a precocious udder late summer so she really NEEDS to be bred! Arrrg.
  7. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    well I guess I just have to wait 3 weeks. If it happens again, she's definitely going back to her boyfriend!

here's to hoping she is actually pregnant...
  8. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    I am hoping for you too!!!