The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought a 100% Boer doeling from a sale just because we got a really good deal on her anyways the first couple days she was fine then all of a sudden she has the worst diarrhea it’s been 3 days of nothing but water stools. I just started her on scour chek so hopefully that’ll help. I give her fresh water 2 times a day have limited her feed & she is isolated to a quarantine pen for the time being.
Any advice would be great.

·
Super Moderator
83,152 Posts
Get a fecal for worms and cocci right away.

What is the color of her inner lower eyelids? Pale pink, white or dark red/pink?

What is her temp?

Do not feed any grain while scouring.

Any hay you feed her, start out slowly with it. Alfalfa hay is really rich, so be careful feeding it.
What are you feeding her now?

Buying from sales can be risky.
So many diseases can arise. :(

Give her electrolytes.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Her famacha was between dark pink & a soft pink. She was on Milky Way/ alfalfa mix but I have pulled grain. I have some haygrazer hay I am giving her I will see if I can get a fecal done by my neighbor tomorrow we don't usually buy from sales & we have learned the hard way

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry guys been busy her fecal came back clear so I’m thinking maybe she just over ate. I always forget people don’t feed the same ways so it may have upset her tummy. & Milky Way is made by a company here in my town & it’s fantastic. Keeps my does in good weight all thru pregnancy & kidding even after! I have yet to have poor looking does after kidding!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guaranteed Analysis:

Crude Protein (Min) ………. 16%
Crude Fat (Min) ……………... 5%
Crude Fiber (Max)………….. 16%
Calcium (Min)……………….. . 7%
Calcium (Max)……………….. 1.0%
Phosphorous (Min).. ………...0.3%

This is the breakdown for the Milky Way. You can find it on jacobyfeed.com

·
Registered
30,638 Posts
You might order GI Back on Track from Land of Havilah, its an herb blend and works great. Other ideas are Digest 911 or Angel Maker which both help GI issues. OR Make Tummy Tamer and add garlic...1 teaspoon each cayenne pepper, ginger, slippery elm, cinnamon, acv and molasses ...blend in 1-2 garlic cloves until smooth then drench. Do this 2 times a day.

Reactions: Goats.galore

·
Super Moderator
83,152 Posts
I agree. :up:

Looks like a decent grain, but stop giving it, when she is scouring.

Glad the fecal came back negative on worms and cocci.

Then start back her grain gradually, increase a little at a time, when her stool is back to normal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts