The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad changed his mind about hauling my goats and says they have to go.
ALL OF THEM.
And if the lady who I got reservations from doesn't give me any money, I'll have lost it.
I AM SO MAD.
:veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

·
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have--- and we had both planned everything out but nobody can go against Dad. . . he's dead set on getting them sold. :( Mom is willing to go ahead and try again AFTER we move, but honestly, I am so sick of this, "Get rid of them now!" business and I don't have the heart to try and start again . . . I just feel totally stupid for not seeing this coming. His nature *my dad's* is so like this!!!! He has no heart for animals and he even wants me to give away my dogs!!! Which of course I said no to.
So. . . .I threw a tantrum and dad threw one right back and as he is in charge, I have to oblige his highness's wishes . . .

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
well I wish I could help you out -- I am so blessed to have a family who may not understand my passion but they accept it and even help me along when I need a hand. I wish everyone else had a Daddy like mine :hug:

·
Super Moderator
82,257 Posts
Oh no....I feel bad for you :hug: ... maybe ...that is all your parents could afford...is a place in town....times are really tough these days....and they want to provide the very best for you......I wish it could be different ....but I'm sure your family didn't do it to hurt you..... think of the future....when you can get your own place and have as many animals as you want..... :thumbup: hold your head up high.... I know it is hard now.... but... I have a feeling... that your parents do love you very much and are hurt themselves... to have to do this .... parents don't tell you that part.... :hug:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I know how you feel. My dad and I get into fights about them all the time, but luckily he has no say whatsoever in what I do anymore. Although once, when we kept them in the backyard he threatened to take them to an auction and I told him if he even tried it I would be gone so quick he'd never see it coming and I wouldn't be coming back. Of course, I actually have quite a few places that I can go if I need to, not sure if you have an option like that.

Yes I realize that my dad does love me (in his own strange way), but I have to say that if I didn't have my animals to keep me sane, I would have left a long time ago, if I didn't go insane first. Luckily he has FINALLY realized this, and doesn't even really complain about the two bottle babies I've had. (oh he's not too happy about it, but he lets me get away with it now)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Although situations may be very different some things here ring as the same. As a Dad of three teens I ran into a spot awhile back where I had to sell our whole herd of goats the chickens, and the rabbits. Inside I tried to figure everyway in the world around it but just had to accept the truth that it was what it was. My heart and my spirit was crushed. I hated telling my daughter and sons that we had to do these things. They worked hard helping me with everything and I felt like I was jerking a dream out from under them. They didn't understand then but now they do. I don't think your Dad wants to hurt your feelings at all. Its just there may be no other way at this point. He may be like me and has a hard time showing exactly how he feels but I can bet he feels bad about this for you as well.
I hope this will work out good for you. I know its real tough. We are just now beginning to get on our feet. Whatever happens, DONT give up.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I am sorry you are going through this. I don't know your situation, but as a parent native87 has a good point, sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do and we don't always handle it the best way. Chin up and just keep dreaming! :hug:

·
Registered
844 Posts
I agree with the last two posts. As a parent, sometimes we have to make choices that well....stink. As a young adult it is good to remember there are different seasons in life. Maybe this season is a goatless one but the next may include a huge herd. Just because you are angry and hurt doesn't mean you have to act on it. You have a choice. Maybe respecting your dad's choice now will make him reconsider in the future?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
It's hard feeling like you have no control over what happens in your own life...but that's just part of living with your parents...You want freedom to do whatever you want but you still need your parent's financial support...so, of course, they get the final say.

I'm sure your dad is trying to do what's best for everyone. Moving is difficult enough without the added stress of making arrangements for animals...not to mention the money aspect of keeping animals.

I wish things were easier for you...I know how hard it is to have to sell all of your pets...I went through the same thing as a teen with my horses and goats when my parents got divorced and we had to move. You will get through it...but it sucks...

·
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks everyone. :) I am kinda feeling better today. . . :grouphug: thanks for all the wonderful comments. . . I guess I sorta understand about the parent thing---but it's just so tiring!!! Starting up again, and then selling, over and over again . . .

·
Super Moderator
82,257 Posts
thanks everyone. :) I am kinda feeling better today. . . :grouphug: thanks for all the wonderful comments. . . I guess I sorta understand about the parent thing---but it's just so tiring!!! Starting up again, and then selling, over and over again . . .
I am sorry you have to go through that alot.... You are... very welcome ... we are here for you... :hug: :pray:

·
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update: I told my aunt (wonderful, wonderful aunt!! :) ) my woes, and she goes, "well, I'm sure your uncle would love to help out!!" her family lives in SD, so they would have to come from sd to id and back again to help us move. . . and if they could do that, ((they are thinking about it)) they would be willing to help haul our critters, so :pray: maybe a miracle could works itself here!!
ps. . . . I shouldn't talk disrespectfully of my dad. No matter what he does/did, he is still my daddy and I had no right to be so disrespectful, so please excuse my behavior . . .I am a spoiled brat in the proccess of becoming unspoiled. :p
But if I do have to sell my goats, I'll grin and bear it. :help: somehow.

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
I shouldn't talk disrespectfully of my dad. No matter what he does/did, he is still my daddy and I had no right to be so disrespectful, so please excuse my behavior . . .I am a spoiled brat in the proccess of becoming unspoiled.
Talitha, that was very mature of you to realize that :hug:

I hope that everything works out for the best, even if it does mean you will need to re home your goats.
With age comes wisdom, I may not be a parent but I do have the heart and mind of one and do know that though the choices made by parents are not always easy ones to make.

·
Super Moderator
82,257 Posts
I shouldn't talk disrespectfully of my dad. No matter what he does/did, he is still my daddy and I had no right to be so disrespectful, so please excuse my behavior . .
What a wonderful girl you are ...... I pray that you can keep your goaties... miracles do happen.... :thumb: :pray: keep praying and your wishes and dreams can come true.... you are a very sweet young lady ....and I wish the best for you.... :hi5: :hug: :pray:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts