The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Man that's so hard. Can you find someone to board them with? If you could afford to do that, that might at least give you an outlet, and also maybe prove some independence with your dad. Parents sometimes hate it when you do that, because they then realize you are growing up! Then they are more apt to help you out when they feel their losing their babies. LOL

·
Registered
33 Posts
I feel for you, but it has to hurt your parents as much if not more than it's hurting you.

I am in a similar situation as a parent. Last summer was the worst/slowest ever for our business. We fell behind on our mortgage and tried to modify our loan. We started this process in November and are still trying to get it approved, were in a trial period. Foreclosure seems like a reality more and more, even though business is much better, and we have been current in our trial period payments. It is a really hard time for me since I've always been very independent and a "man of my word".

I feel like I've let my sons down, but they are old (17,18,& 21)enough to know I did all I could. I have been looking for rental horse property so we could at least keep some kind of normalcy in the event of a foreclosure/eviction. If I have to tell them we need to get rid of their bull, goats, and dogs, it will break my heart.
They have all been helping out more than usual , buying there own feed without anyone asking them too. Working as many hours as they can get at their jobs, one is in college 100 miles away and he is working at night so he can pay his own way. Don't mean to steal your thread, thanks for letting me vent.

I think your parents are kind of in the same boat and are looking out for your best interests. I can't think of anyone that would intentionally hurt their kids.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts