Sextuplets!!

Discussion in 'Birth Announcements' started by thomaskids, Mar 18, 2011.

1. A single

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Twins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Triplets

51.3%
  4. Quads

38.5%
  5. Quints

10.3%
  1. thomaskids

thomaskids New Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Menifee, Ca
    Joyful Hearts Esther *D kidded with sextuplets!!! I can't believe it!! I knew she would have a lot because she was sonoed with 3+ but WOW! It was a had birth though. We had to go in because they were all tangled. :( I did not think the little ones were going to make it but they slept in my room.(don't tell my dad) :wink: :wink: Anyways I think they are going to be very nice. Great length of body nice rumps, and wide escutcheon. Though it can be hard to tell on newborns. Overall I am very happy!! They are all doing great! :wahoo:

http://thomaskids.webs.com/

Attached Files:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    wow congrats! The most I really like to have is 3 but I have a doe who likes to throw quads and she does alright with them.

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    WOW :shocked: I hope they all thrive for you!

I personally prefer twins, triplets are ok but I like twins better!

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Holy smoly...that is alot.. :shocked: ....I prefer twins but... the most is trips.... :wink: congrats..... :hi5:

5. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Oh my gosh! Never heard of six before! wowowowow!!!! Good luck!

6. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Fantastic you had six and they all are alive! Seems like it is pretty common to lose some of them once you get over four. So you all did great!

7. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    WOW! 6?!?!

I prefer twins

8. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

CONGRATS!

Whos the daddy? Those should be NICE kids!

9. thomaskids

thomaskids New Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Menifee, Ca
    The buck is JoyfulHearts JF Cavalier *S. He is a nice match for Esther because he provides her with a little more depth and he has a very wide escutcheon. I am very pleased with the breeding! :dance:

10. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Now that is a litter! Congrats!!

I prefer twins or triplets. ;)

11. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Oh I am definently good with twins or Trips. Anything after that is stressful, One of my girls had quads once and was able to feed all of them, but it was stressful, but hey its definently fun when you have that many :)

12. jglfainters

jglfainters New Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Nevada
    Holy Moly. 6?? I can't even imagine. I've never had more than triplets. Triplets were actually fun as I got to do something supplemental bottle feeding. My humans kids loved that! My 5 year old keeps asking when the bottle babies are coming this year, lol

13. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Wow congrats! The most we've ever had was 5! Unfortuanately, the smallest girl died though. :( But there was 4 girls and 1 boy! That was a happy time xDD

I prefer triplets or twins. Triplets I like because I LOOVE bottle babies :D

14. CottonwoodCroft

CottonwoodCroft Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Inyokern, CA
    Congrats! I like triplets best followed by twins.

15. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    So many.... I never want that many! Lol. I have one that has quads every year but supposedly has an easy time of it (just bought her) so we will see how that goes. I like twins. They are easy, I have never had birthing problems with them and mom can always feed both. Every time I have had triplets there has been an issue. Either a stillborn kid...and once a kid that was completely unable to breathe on it's own because it was so small and seemed to have crushed ribs. I know a doe Camanna sold last year went on to have healthy sextuplets.

16. milkmaid

milkmaid I'm not addicted - I'm in love!

I like twins, but if no problems - the more the merrier! :D Congrats!

17. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

I personally prefer quads...but my does have all had trips and quads without problems so far. Twins is probably the safest bet if you don't know the kidding history and mothering ability. I hate bottle feeding so I do just about ANYTHING to avoid that!!!! I'm thinking sextuplets means bottle feeding is a must though!!!! :laugh:

They sure are beautiful kids though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. [​IMG] That just blows me away. I have never heard of 6 before. Congrats! [​IMG]

19. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    That is just SUPER! I hope they all do great... and they are all so sweet looking~ Congrats!

20. Bellafire Farm

Bellafire Farm New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    OMG!!! Small world!! I have been looking for this doe for a year or two, since she was sold!!! I own(ed) her daughter.... can you please PM me or email me... :)