Shady Lady in labor (had twins pics in morning)pics pg2

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by tat2edlady, Jun 14, 2009.

1. tat2edlady

tat2edlady New Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Lexington, NC
    Shady has started to kid tonight around 9pm but nothing eles is going on.She has a long snot(for lack of better name) coming out she is pushing around 30 min apart so I think it is going to b a long night for her and me.

Wish us luck as hubby is alittle ticked at me for wanting to stay out with her.

Mindy

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Shady Lady in labor

if she stays liek this for to long you may want to consider putting two fingers in to see if the baby is stuck. I always wash up good and then check. It wont hurt her and you will have a better idea if something is wrong.

3. tat2edlady

tat2edlady New Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Lexington, NC

stacy how long should I wait till I do that?

4. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

if she is pushing for longer then 30 min without results or if she doesnt progress any further from where she is at now for another hour.

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

If she is.... in a good push and she has been doing it for a half hour with nothing happening (no further progress)....I myself ...go in and check the kid position.....the baby may be in the wrong position ect.....Don't panic....take your time.....if the kid is.....not in the right birthing position.....you will have to help her.....correct the kid position.... so the baby can come out....

AS long as the umbilical cord....is still attached the kid it will be OK .....that is the life line.....so remember... stay calm ...picture in your head ...just how the kid is positioned and try to figure out if it is... the front leg or back leg ect.....Good luck.. :hug: :pray:

6. tat2edlady

tat2edlady New Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Lexington, NC

ok went in well I did not feel any babys but I only went is as far as my fingers up to knucle on hand all I felt was smothe walls inside she has started to push harder but nothing is going on and she is laying on her right side if that makes a difference.

7. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

It sounds like the kid may be stuck...

Is she actually pushing really hard....and do you see any bubble at all ...when she is trying to push?

8. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

If she had been pushing a while then a kid is stuck and you need to get in there. Go at least up to your wrist. Your not going to hurt her anymore than that kid is when you get it out. You will need to tilt your hand up rather than down when you first go in.

9. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia

what breed is she? I have been in up to my shoulder for big boer does, before feeling a kid

10. tat2edlady

tat2edlady New Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Lexington, NC

shady has had her first kid. it was born breech but seems to be doing ok. there is a second kid , about how long till the next is born? also mom seems to be bleeding a little bit from the first birth

11. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

COngrats on the first baby... :) :hug: ....I am happy it came out OK....it should be soon ....at least within 15 to 30 minutes ....if she is struggling ...or takes any longer than that...you will have to go in and check....some pop them out really fast while others take a little longer..the bleeding is normal...it should stop quickly..... :hug:

12. tat2edlady

tat2edlady New Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Lexington, NC

Second baby came out in right way now she has what looks like placenta hanging out I know it might take up to 1 hour or more for it to come out right.

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Yay....... :leap: :leap: :wahoo: great job.....the placenta usually drops out... pretty quickly you are right.....congrats on the kids......you've done great.....make sure they get there colostrum.... :hug:

14. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa

Holy moly, I've been watching the posts and hoping everything went well. I'm soooo glad her labor went well :stars:

15. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

congrats!
    boys/girls?
    :stars:

16. tat2edlady

tat2edlady New Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Lexington, NC

I thank everybody for the support and nope did not check to see the sexes of the kidds but 1 is going to have lots of colors and maybe blue eyes not sure yet and 2 is solid black and may also be blue eyed.Both got up about 15min after birth and started to try and nurse but took a couple of trys before they latched on and got a drink will post pics and weights in the morning.

:grouphug: to eveybody and good night.

17. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    Re: Shady Lady in labor (had twins pics in morning)

Congrats!! I can't wait to see pictures! Glad that everything turned out okay.

18. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Congratulations!
    So glad that all went well.

19. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

so glad all went well! congrats!!

As to the placenta it can take up to 24 hours to fall out, never pull on it. The usual though is a hour to two.

20. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

:stars: :stars: Congrats - can't wait for the pictures and to find out the sexes :stars: :stars: