Shaking After Disbudding...HELP!!

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by KW Farms, Sep 21, 2008.

1. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Alright, I had someone email me this afternoon. She said she just got a 4 week old disbudded yesterday and he is shaking quite a bit, is listless, and not acting well.

I have no experience with this so any suggestions? 4 weeks is pretty old for disbudding so i'm not sure what to tell her, she knew that was a little to old. Is there anything she can do for him??

Thanks in advance!!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    take his temp. he maybe going into a little bit of shock. She needs to keep him from getting over stimulated till he comes out of it.

I would think that some childrens asprin would be helpful. That would be the 81mg kind.

If she has access to banamin of course that would be best. 1/2cc should be all he needs

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I hope that the little guy is going to be ok. I have done kids at 4 weeks old (just last week) although I really didn't want to, but they did wonderful through it.

I did have one pass away last year after disbudding - not sure if it was from the disbudding or he had a heart condition, but he would shake like that also.

Do you have a stethescope? I would listen and see if the heart is working ok. Sounds like a bit of shock though also - maybe to much heat on the little brain??

I hope he is doing better.

4. rlittlecritters

rlittlecritters New Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Lynden, Washington
    I had one this year shake a little and get a temp. 1/2 a children's asperin was advised for a few days til the temp went down and seemed to help.

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Kylee, Do you know how this little one is?