The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my pregnate does is constantly kicking and shaking her back leg. She seems uncomfortable. She lays down then gets right back up and kicks leg again. She is due the first week of August. Should I be worried ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She is also very young. My husband rebuilt my buck pens. Since my bucks are only 16 inches tall we thought they wouldn't be able to jump out but a few days later I came home to find one of them out and running with the does and kids. I put him back in his pen and he jumped right back out. The pen is almost 5 ft tall and I couldn't believe he could jump out. So we built them taller the same day and I was hoping no damage was done. But he apparently bred my 4 month old at the time now 8 months old.she now has a filling udder and I can see and feel the baby or babies moving. She is a mixed breed bigger goat of some kind so I'm hoping that she will be ok but now I'm starting to worry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She now has a discharge but has stopped kicking her leg for right for the moment. I'm terrified that she may only have one baby and that it may be too big. How do you know when ya need to have c section done? I feel terrible that she got pregnant so young?if necessary I will gladly pay to have one done. I just don't want to wait to late to decide if she needs one. What are the signs that a c section is needed?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
58,935 Posts
You really won't know until she goes into labor and can't push the baby out. You could have an xray or ultrasound done and see if you can see how many babies are in there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called the vet to see how much he will charge me to do a c section if needed ...they acted like I was crazy for asking about a goat but said between 200-250
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You really won't know until she goes into labor and can't push the baby out. You could have an xray or ultrasound done and see if you can see how many babies are in there.
They said if she hasn't delivered within 3-4 hours after water breaks then she will need to have one. Does that sound right? Seems like a long time.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
58,935 Posts
Actually, that isn't a bad price for a c section. I go in after 30 minutes if I see no progress. 3-4 hours is too long.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I was expecting around $500 from what I have read. But if its after hours it's another$100. I didn't really understand what ya said..... After 30 mins with no progress I should take her to the vet?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
58,935 Posts
If you want to put your hand in first to see what is going on, you can do that before going to the vet. But if you don't feel comfortable doing that, then I would go to the vet if no progress.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm comfortable doing it , I just don't know what to feel for. Any info you can give me will be greatly appreciated :) how far do I go? And what should I feel?
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top