The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently using fine wood shavings for bedding for cotton and he would just eat and eat and eat them and get bloated in the end then I would have to use a de bloater and that gets messy so I muzzle him ...I recently have put him on a supplement for the show that's coming up soon but he hates the supplement but he eats it eventually very slowly...schools tomorrow and I don't have time to wait for him to eat for 3 hours then muzzle him...if I leave him un muzzled he will eat the shavings...are there any alternative bedding I could use that he won't eat????

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We added a mineral mix last month but he just eats and eats I know I'm feeding him enough that's not the issue...I found that spraying vinegar on the shavings he doesn't touch them as much

·
Registered
30,548 Posts
is he penned lone?? He could eat out of boredom... I would remove the shavings, add straw and a friend... check his food amount to be sure he is getting what he needs and be sure he has plenty of hay to nibble on...loose minerals is needed..Never leave him muzzled unattended...best wishes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts