She finally pooped!

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Graffogefarms, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Graffogefarms

Graffogefarms New Member

Oct 11, 2007
    ireland
    Well the little one finally pooped!! Yeah!! Her brother has also started hopping out of the laundry basket. Between children, looking after and getting up at night to do the feedings, massaging her, enemas, other goats kidding I'm exhausted. :ZZZ: So hopefully now she starts thriving. !! Thanks for the help and advice! hee hee she is looking to get out of the basket now! :clap:

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I had to read the title a couple times to the thread - LOL! :ROFL:

I am so glad that she is doing better :leap: :leap: . Baby playpens work real nice, btw!!!

3. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    When I had a bottle baby Hubby thought I was nuts because I was so happy about baby pooh!

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Boy we get so excited over some of the weirdest thing. :leap: May be weird to others but great news to us.

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Thats wonderful news!!!! So...what finally did it for her?

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    too funny :ROFL: :ROFL:

I am glad she.......POOPed :greengrin: I never thought ...I'd leap for a terd...LOL :leap:

7. Graffogefarms

Graffogefarms New Member

Oct 11, 2007
    ireland
    Re: gone

Don't know what finally got it going, but I think it was the enema, but she is not clear yet, as nothing since. She is still poof in the tummy, and not as lively as her brother who thinks he is getting a baba each time you go over there. I don't know if she will make it, but it won't be for lack of me trying to save her. I gave her some antibiotics this morning. On the plus side figured no kidding last night, so didnt go to the shed to check when I did the middle of the night feeding, and this morning at 7am, found a little doe with Vinca!! And let me tell you it aint a BA!! LOL, I think the BA boys were busy arguing with each other that the AN slipped in! I didn't do any planned breeding this years, boys and girls were together, etc. lol

:sigh: She passed on about an hour ago. There is a lump on her side - possible hernia as well? If I had left them with the mom, both had been so weak, they both would be gone the day they were born a week ago. but at least the little boy is trotting around the kitchen! I took him out of the basket when I knew she was going so she would have some peace in her final moments. He is lively!!! Our shitzu and the Maine Coon is getting on great with him

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I'm so sorry :hug: You did what you could, there very well could have been something wrong with her innerds...glad to hear that the boy is healthy and the "surprise" kid sounds like it was just what you needed to lift your spirits.

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry for your loss...you in fact... did all that you could possibly do....sometimes we just can't see what is going on inside......Again I am sorry.... :( :hug:

10. Everett2012

Everett2012 New Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Vinca ? Is this the same thing as a periwinkle plant? And are they poisons to goat's?

11. I just re read it, :ROFL: I know, you are exhausted that's why:D
    Congrats on the babies, glad all are doing well

12. I just finished reading, I'm sorry she didn't make it,:tear: