She is in heat

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by trob1, Feb 10, 2008.

1. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    :cool: Fancy the doe I got 4 months ago that was supposed to be bred but turned out not to be and wasnt coming in heat at all. I thought for sure she had a problem but OMG she is in heat today. She is flagging her tail off, mounting everyone and is swollen and red. I let Carlo in and he went right after her and they have bred twice so far. I am not crazy about July babies but I had to take advantage of this one as who knows when the next one will be. I just cant believe it.

2. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    Congratulations you know what they say better late than ever.

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    That's great you finally got her bred! :)

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she just wanted to see you go crazy thats all

5. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Yea when I bought her 5 months ago she had been exposed to a buck scence May and was way too young to be bred so I told her on the way home " I sure hope you are not pregnant" So I guess she decided to wait till she was plenty old enough to get bred. I am just so thankfull she came in heat and is not a hermaprodite. She just turned 1 year old Jan 30th so she is a good age and a good size too.

6. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Those girls just plan it all out don't they? They ask themselves, "how is best to drive our humans crazy?" And then they do it! Haha Glad she came in season finally for you! Hope she settles.