The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Breaking Dawn Ranch
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It isn't a big update but her udder is now firm and her tail bone is very prominent. I will put her in the kidding stall tonight since I am not sure how long her process takes. I am not overly excited this time since I know it may still be a week or two but this is a change nonetheless :cool:

·
Breaking Dawn Ranch
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is very exciting but I can't let myself get too excited because I get impatient! Allison, maybe our does will kid on the same day!!!

Katherine, don't feel bad, I have 2 does due in April!!!

I also have a myotonic doe that is building her udder now...she is due March 2, well that is day 150....she is an easy kidder and a great mom!!

·
Registered
810 Posts
LOL Thanks Alyssa :D. I just looked at my breeding list again.. and guess what? I overlooked something.. I could have two does kidding in less than a month! Aaaaghh! I am so not ready. LOL. I need to get my pens ready. I really doubt that they will, because I think they may have gone into heat again after that.. but I am not sure at all. One of them looks awful huge.

·
Breaking Dawn Ranch
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
me too! I will get my kid fix tomorrow but it won't last long since I am going to work at a goat farm tomorrow...they had 2 kids born on Christmas day!! I can't wait until everyone else has kids on the ground so I can enjoy them!!!

·
Breaking Dawn Ranch
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can now almost touch my fingers together around her tail!!! No discharge or anything but she is more talkative now...she is making little talk now.

·
Breaking Dawn Ranch
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sheba had mucus a few minutes ago. Her udder is bigger now that it was this morning also. I do believe she had a contraction when I was watching her because she threw her tail up real fast and then back down.

·
Breaking Dawn Ranch
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
another little update: She had more discharge this morning so I think her plug is gone now...her udder is still the same ligs are still gone, can't fully fit my fingers around her tail yet though. Kids have dropped...she is chewing her cud and acting normal now...UGH!!!

·
Breaking Dawn Ranch
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I sure hope so liz and Chelsey!!! She had more discharge and I cleaned it off so I would know if she has anymore. This mucus wasn't white though...it was a clear yellow color, it could be from her urine though. I had her out with the herd but I put her back in the stall because all she was doing was laying down in the barn....she hardly ever lays down. When she lays down, she grunts and groans like she is in pain so I think the babies are moving into position.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts