Sheba kidded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by alyssa_romine, Jan 5, 2008.

1. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    It isn't a big update but her udder is now firm and her tail bone is very prominent. I will put her in the kidding stall tonight since I am not sure how long her process takes. I am not overly excited this time since I know it may still be a week or two but this is a change nonetheless :cool:

2. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Yay! Babies! I am so jealous. You all have does popping and mine aren't due for months.. **pouts**

Can't wait! Yay! :D

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    congrats Alyssa! We all are in a race for babies! Woo Hoo! New Years babies!

4. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    It is very exciting but I can't let myself get too excited because I get impatient! Allison, maybe our does will kid on the same day!!!

Katherine, don't feel bad, I have 2 does due in April!!!

I also have a myotonic doe that is building her udder now...she is due March 2, well that is day 150....she is an easy kidder and a great mom!!

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    That would be funny Alyssa! anniversaries, kids ....what else will we be matching up on? LOL!

6. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    LOL Thanks Alyssa :D. I just looked at my breeding list again.. and guess what? I overlooked something.. I could have two does kidding in less than a month! Aaaaghh! I am so not ready. LOL. I need to get my pens ready. I really doubt that they will, because I think they may have gone into heat again after that.. but I am not sure at all. One of them looks awful huge.

7. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    That's good I think...you may not have to wait as long as you first thought

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    woo hoo! Everyone is throwing out early babies this year! YAH!

We will have lots of kids to talk about! And all different breeds!

9. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    LOL! I know. HAHA! I will be soooo happy if they do go next month. I want a sweet little baby to cuddle really bad!

10. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    me too! I will get my kid fix tomorrow but it won't last long since I am going to work at a goat farm tomorrow...they had 2 kids born on Christmas day!! I can't wait until everyone else has kids on the ground so I can enjoy them!!!

11. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I can now almost touch my fingers together around her tail!!! No discharge or anything but she is more talkative now...she is making little talk now.

12. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Yay!! She sounds really close!! Go Sheba! The race is on lol :D

13. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Sheba had mucus a few minutes ago. Her udder is bigger now that it was this morning also. I do believe she had a contraction when I was watching her because she threw her tail up real fast and then back down.

14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    OHHHHH I am so excited for you!!!

Go Sheba - give us beautiful babies!!!

15. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    another little update: She had more discharge this morning so I think her plug is gone now...her udder is still the same ligs are still gone, can't fully fit my fingers around her tail yet though. Kids have dropped...she is chewing her cud and acting normal now...UGH!!!

16. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Babies could be just around the corner! I hope she has them soon, I bet your going crazy!!

17. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Sounds like Sheba's doing to you what Binky and Daisy are doing to me and Allison!! No ligs and tail head prominent with ballooning udder, she is definately close to giving you some babies of your own to cuddle!!

18. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I sure hope so liz and Chelsey!!! She had more discharge and I cleaned it off so I would know if she has anymore. This mucus wasn't white though...it was a clear yellow color, it could be from her urine though. I had her out with the herd but I put her back in the stall because all she was doing was laying down in the barn....she hardly ever lays down. When she lays down, she grunts and groans like she is in pain so I think the babies are moving into position.

19. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I am sooo jealous!!! Binky's out running around with Angel!!! Hope the activity gets her moving!! Sheba sounds so close...maybe by morning??

20. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I sure hope so!!! Well, Now that i have her in her stall, she is up and moving around...silly girl :roll: