Sheep dosages

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by kelebek, Dec 20, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Does anyone know the dosages for sheep for Ivomec Plus and Corrid? I am wanting to do my rams today, as my young ram - Gotham looks to have quite the pot belly going on.

Thanks
    Allison

2. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Ok...I searched and found a million different doses but here are the most reasonable ones I found...1cc per 75lbs. for Ivomec and Corrid well...they all sounded "off the wall". They were saying like 10 ml per 2.2 lbs. so I don't think that is right. :shrug: SOrry that is all I found.

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Thank you - I have been searching the internet also - and other forums - but couldn't really find anything.

Thanks!!

4. whatknott

whatknott New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    for ivomec, use dosage on bottle - 1 cc/110 pounds (injectable); but check your bottle to make sure you have that strength of ivomec. There are different strengths of ivomec.
    As far as corid, it should say too - is it powder or liquid? I get the liquid from the vet and I think it is 1 cc/10 pounds orally in the mouth - but not positive on that dosage. I'd do the worming first and if no improvement, then the corid. or do a fecal...

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I have the liquid, but it only talks about for cattle.

Thanks for the input on the ivomec.

I am going to do fecals, but was curious, as my sheep are on the same land as my goats - so treat one - treat all!

6. whatknott

whatknott New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    worm them the same as your goats then - cattle ivomec is 1% so use it at 1cc/110 pounds - injected; if done orally, I usually do twice that.

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Great - thank you SOOOOO much!!!!!!!!