The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have so much grass this year that we are going to bring in about 6 sheep temporarily to graze a bit. I was wondering if I need to take precautions to not expose my four wethers to parasites that the sheep may have. We are planning on keeping them in areas separated by at least a fence, but I was wondering if I should act like the worms the sheep may carry could be on the ground and keep the goats off that area for six weeks or so. Or are their parasites non-transferable?

Ali

· Registered
764 Posts
Hello,

I would be watchful for tapeworm. Since I started working with a local shepherd who does the main brush clearing projekts here with his sheep and use the same pastures as him with his sheep (sometimes several months later) I have problems with tapeworm in my goats.

Can't you have the sheep dewormed before they come to you? They often carry high loads of regular roundworms without symptoms, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.