Sherbert kidded day 147 - pics page 3

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by kelebek, Jun 1, 2009.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Sherbert is just a year old and a TINY little girl - like should have never been bred tiny. She had snuck under the fence to Blue when he was supposed to be breeding someone else. I really thought that she would grow - but nope.

Sherbert is bred to Old Castle Blue - and any doeling/s are already sold. I really think she only has a single - but hope for twins as they would be smaller for her.

Anyway - these are pics taken of her last night - so day 144

I hate you momma -

[​IMG]

Make the baby stop pushing out on me - that hurts!!!

[​IMG]

That is a bit better -

[​IMG]

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: Kid watch with Sherbert

she is so cute.... :love: ..I pray... that she has 2 healthy little ones to..........she is very small in her body size.....but looks like it may be 2....... :pray:

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

PS don't laugh at my shave job - I wanted to make sure that I noticed ANY possible change with this girl

4. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Allison....you did a good job........ :wink: :love:

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

She is little, but she looks wide enough in the rear....I pray that there are twins in there! A small single doeling would be fine too!

Nice clip job! I like her cute little udder :love:

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

WOW she is small, but she is so darn cute. I wonder if she learned her lesson about sneaking out with the boys? :ROFL:

That face is so darn cute.

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Well, went out to feed and she is doing well - she came a running with the rest of the herd from down below in the trees - they were having a blast. The wind is blowing so they are looking for pine needle limbs to munch on.

I picked her up and I could feel the little one/s moving around and she has a small drip of amber goo discharge. She is extremely swollen in the back end but her ligs are still there and her udder is not tight quite yet - so still have a few days I do believe.

8. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia

fingers crossed she goes okay for you, she's a cutie :love:

have a good vet on call, in case she needs a caesar, and get to it as early as possible.

also consider an episiotomy (sp?) if necessary

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

One of my very good friends is a vet and I have a clinic 30 minutes away during the day and 45 minutes as an emergency clinic with a dr that I know and trust.

Thank goodness I have so many years of vet med - but when it comes to my goats in an emergency :hair: :hair: :hair:

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Allison, that utter on her looks like all my babies when they are FF. Because mine are not milkers, they are so cute.

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

She definately has a cute little patite udder. She is just a cuties herself.......

12. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY

She is adorable... I know what you mean about having to care for your own animals.. I have been an LVT for 10 years.. one of my goats so much as gets a scrape and I become a dummy... We just love our animals soo much it clouds our minds..
    I hope she has an easy kidding!

Jennah

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Day 146 pm -

Sherbert is doing well - little 'lazier" then normal - but still doesn't want me anywhere near looking at the back end. She is starting to loosen her ligs and I am real curious about tomorrow and how those ligs will be in the morning. I can see it now - kidding day 148 when I am supposed to be at the hosp with my dad......grrrrr...... and no way can I get out of work on Friday -

But good news - goatie grandma is back from Florida where she spends her summers! Woo Hoo!!!! So maybe I can call her if need be to keep an eye on her on Friday while I am at work if she hasn't kidded. Then Saturday is my daughter's graduation party 2 hours away - :hair: :hair: :hair: I am going to have NO hair by the end of the week stressing over this.

I took ALOT of pics tonight - but won't be able to upload them till tomorrow early morning I think.... I will try though.

14. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

WOW Allison, a lot going on, Here is to happy kidding in case you are not around, but i sure hope you are. :thumb:

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I am so happy she is doing OK....I will pray.. that all goes well....and she delivers...a strong healthy kid or kids.....with no problems :hug: :pray:

16. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Well Sherbert is on 147 today - ligs are gone - r if they are there - I can't feel them. Udder is not tight - but definately fuller. She is out grazing the green grass with her momma and hpefully staying out of trouble. She even looks posty to me - but I will let you all judge that.

I decided I wasnt going to go into work today. I already had a half day blocked to take my son to the dentist - but my husband and I both woke up with a horendous case of the upset tummies. So I figured i needed to stick close to home..... and you know - no ligs helped to persuade me also.

So I am on my laptop at home - but going to try to upload pics from last night (146 pm) and then today at 5:30 am and 9:15 am. (it is 10:15 am now)

Baby is pushing hard towards the outside and is up by the pelvic bone - I am just really hoping come time - it is posititioned correctly

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

She sounds so close.... :hug: ...I am sorry you both are not feeling well... :( ..hope you feel better soon... and your doe ...kids with no problems........... :pray:

18. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Thanks Pam :hug:

Here are pics of Sherbert from last night - day 146 pm. Pictured with her is her dam - Ginger.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now Day 147 at 5 am

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And at 9:15 am

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had her and her dam out grazing - just went to check on them and found Ginger by the gate and Sherbert no where. Some how Sherbert got back in the pen area and was clear on the otherside b herself. I think she is starting to have small contractions as she will take off walking and then stop for a few seconds then on her way again.

19. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

How are you feeling? And how is little Miss Sherbert doing?

20. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Re: Kid watch with Sherbert - pics added - day 147

Honestly liz - I feel like crud - but oh well. went and raked some of the goat pen while watching Sherbert before I let them out to graze and my stomach is just a turning - then more issues with my step son - called hubby and he was - " I don't have time for this" - well it is HIS son!!!!!!!! make the time.