She's filling up!!!!!

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by ozarksvalley, Jan 16, 2008.

1. ozarksvalley

ozarksvalley New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Missouri
    Midian is getting an udder! She is due Feb 25th. I am just so excited, I can't wait to see how her udder looks. So far from what I can tell, her rear udder is going to be high and fairly wide, but I've never had a FF before so I don't know if I can really tell anything right now.
    So excited.... I've being waiting soooo long and she finally has a mini udder!

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Oh that's so exciting!! :D My girls haven't even started bagging up yet, they are due around the same time :)

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    My little girl that is due in just under 2 weeks started uddering up about a month ago. I thought I had lost her udder when her babies dropped on the inside. She was real high in the back and gone in the front - I was so confused!!!

LOL!

4. ozarksvalley

ozarksvalley New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Missouri
    kelebek, I don't understand, what did your doe do? I'm sorry, I have a bad cold... it's hindering my thought process, LOL.

Sarah, I am sure your does will start uddering up any day now.... :D Tell them I said they MUST.
    Midian's udder is so cute.... her full sister Zip is due the same day but doesn't have much of an udder. I can feel one, but it's not big like Midian's.
    I just bought the CUTEST kid coats and they are such good qaulity. I got them from Sheryl for the current sale price of $6, her website is http://www.sew-it-alls.com but the site isn't fully working. You can see a pic of one of her coats here:

http://www.sew-it-alls.com/images/limestripes.jpg

and:

http://www.sew-it-alls.com/images/green ... idcoat.jpg

those, IMO, are not her prettiest colors even! She does yearling and adult coats also. Tell her I sent you if you decide to get something from her. =-) (Kelsey Jones from NubianTalk.) She also has Nigie stuff.
    I also bought a haybag from her- it's the best quality!

Those kids need to come QUICK--- so they can play dress up!

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Oh I love her coats!! I just bought a couple, they are SOOOOOOOOOOOO nice!! :D

6. ozarksvalley

ozarksvalley New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Missouri
    Have you recieved them? I just LOVE them, I have 2 right here and 4 more on the way. They are fleece lined so they will probably keep those kids toasty warm as well as cute! :D
    What colors did you get?

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I got them a couple weeks ago, I got 3 adult coats, 1 for my buck and 2 just to keep around. I got 2 blue ones and a burgundy one, they are really pretty :) I had her make me some with nylon on the outside, and a double fleece layer, they are SOOOOOO nice and they wash up great! I don't think they are that pricey either :) We have a bunch of kid covers that we bought from premier that we use on the kids, we only keep them on for 10 minutes after they are born to heat them up. They aren't that pretty though, just grey :wink:

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Kelsey,

Her udder started to fill, but then when the babies dropped it was almost like the front part of her udder went away, but it is back and filling more.

I think I am going to order a few of those coats also. If I do, I will definately use you as a referal!

9. ozarksvalley

ozarksvalley New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Missouri
    OH, okay! :D I understand now! :D
    Is she fresh now? Do you have pics? (I will look on the photogenic thread real quick to see if you posted there. :) )

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    no - she will hit 145 on the 23rd of this month.

I am dying here waiting and stressing!

11. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    What is her email address? I want to order several coats but can't find a way to contact her.

12. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois