The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Goats of da UP
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided not to sell this little doeling, and will keep her for my herd. I am bringing in a new buck soon, so owning her father isn't an issue anymore.

I love this little girl. She is a ball of fire! She will jump into your lap for a few minutes of cuddling, but then once she is done, take off like a rocket to play and bounce! She is like a coppery bolt of lightning! She has developed the bad habit of yanking my hair (hair and clothing chewing are not allowed, the adults know that!), but I'll gently teach her that isn't allowed.

Also, I have no idea what to name her. I am truly terrible with names! Her mother's name is Yoko, and I'm not sure if I want to keep with a theme or not. Her father's name is George, not very theme-y, haha. I also attached a picture of Yoko's udder. I am so pleased with her as a first freshener! There are always ways to improve, though!

Attachments

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
If going with Beatles theme, I would suggest Penny Lane

other names that come to mind:

butterscotch
cinnamon
tiger lilly
fireball
chili pepper
amber

·
Goats of da UP
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I love both mama and baby so much!

It seems I never get a chance to name my goats, haha. Either they come prenamed (like with Yoko and George) or my mother beats me to it (Suzie Q and Artie). But I'll take any inspiration I can get!

·
927 Posts
I have a goat named Penny Lane, and I named her baby Lucy in the Sky (with Diamonds). You could name her Rita (Lovely Rita), Loretta (Get Back), Eleanor Rigby (Eleanor Rigby) or Lady Madonna (Lady Madonna)! Or Starr, after Ringo Starr.

·
Goats of da UP
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I am going to make her registered name Keweenaw Copper Lady, with my herdname, it fits in the character limit!

Here in the UP, there is a region called Copper Country, which is an area rich with copper ore. The Keweenaw Peninsula is part of that region. There was even a giant boulder made of pure copper, called the Ontonagon Boulder!

·
Goats of da UP
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks!

I just took these pictures of her today! I wish the sun hadn't made such a terrible glare, they really show her off well!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts