Shipping costs?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goatiegurl*Oh, Mar 19, 2010.

1. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    Anyone have an idea of what shipping would be from Washington to Ohio? I know theres shipping on a plane but I thought I remembered another site that was mentioned that may have cheaper rates

2. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

You could try Uship
    Are you looking to ship a kid or an adult? Air shipping is probably your best bet all the way from washington if your looking to ship a kid

3. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    It would be a kid or pair of kids, I asked the owner and she said the shipping with health papers and crate included for two would be around $400 and thats to much combined with buying them

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    I'm trying to ship a kid; heres what I found

Delta and Continental $249 delta has a 51lb restriction and with continental you can go up to 71lbs.
    Crates are $100-$200 unless you buy a used crate off craigslist most of them are $50-$60
    Health certs vary

5. Bellafire Farm

Bellafire Farm New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    I recently checked with the airlines, (can't remember which particular one's but they were the big companies)... and they had a new "rule" taking effect that only 1 animal could be shipped in a crate. It's always been that you would put 2 kids in a crate together, both to save cost & to keep the kid(s) company, but apparently the airlines are catching on I guess. They said the weight limit still applies and it has to be an airline approved crate with only one animal inside. It was about $225 or $275 I think at both the airlines I checked with about 4-6 months ago.
    Hope this helps. Maybe someone will know for sure which airlines are actually sticking with this new rule.

6. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    last time i checked continental will ship two per crate

7. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Thanks for posting this, I too am having a buckling shipped. It is both my first time, and her first time shipping.

Does the weight limit include the crate or just animal?

8. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    You could also try Ron Keener (google him). He is expensive, but if you get a few people to split costs it is well worth it and he is great with animals, especially goats. But I wouldn't tell him each person is purchasing something otherwise he'll charge each person vs. just one.