The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

Have a buyer in Colorado, Nebraska, Wyoming area that would like me to get any information on transporting via air. I did a search but I guess I am just asking it the wrong questions cause I cant find any of the older posts discussing it. I have 5 6 month old castrated prospects that can be shipped at anytime from Washington state. So any and all info would be great.

Need to know what airlines still ship animals. (suggestions?)
Roughly the costs. I believe I heard the first one was spendy but others are are cheaper?
Are shipping crates provided for sale or rent? How much?

And any other info that might be good to know. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I'm still new to shipping but I am getting a buckling flown in this month so I know the answer to some of these questions.

Delta, American Airlines, and Continental ship animals. I know for Delta the price can be anywhere from $100-$400 it just depends on the size of the crate and where the flight is headed. It may be cheaper to go through the other airlines though.. I'm not sure on the numbers on the others because I haven't ran them and the seller offered to just look into it and give me a quote.

Shipping crates have to be bought or at least I don't think you can rent them.. You can get them through a website, petstore or anywhere, I think it just has to comply with the airlines standards.

Theres a lot of info on shipping live animals on Delta's website here http://www.deltacargo.com/ProductsRates/Specialty/LiveAnimals.aspx#Rates

And here are some of Delta's rates http://www.deltacargo.com/Portals/2...eAnimals/AVI-WARM BLOODED 0199 2013-04-01.pdf

Hope that kind of helps :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
You need to make sure of what's required for the health cert in the state you are shipping TO. Each state is different in what testing they require. Health cert needs to be dated within 10 days of flight

You will have to purchase a crate or if buyer has one already they can ship to you but watch the cost. Bigger the crate the more it would cost to ship to you

There are temperature restrictions, but should not be an issue if you are planning on shipping now (heat restrictions)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts