Shipping Goats?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Haviris, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Does anyone here ship their goats? How complicated is it?

2. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I have never shipped goats out but i have shipped them in. You pick them up at the baggae claim its really pretty easy. Kind of pricey but for the right animal its definatly worth it. Kids about three to four weeks are the easiest. I always have a bottle ready at the car. I usually have someone drive me and get the kid out to ride home on my lap. we usually bond pretty good this way.
    beth

3. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Who were they shipped with?

I had a puppy shipped to me once, I think it was something like $250, is that about right for a goat (baby)?

4. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Cost depends on the distance, of course, last year, when gas was still very high, it was going to cost $400.00 to ship from Oregon to PA. It may have gone down now. Check with the airlines, I can't remember who we shipped dogs on. :shrug:

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    We shipped a 3 month old buckling in last spring, Oregon to Illinoi cost $400, but that was because he was so big, and we used Delta. I've heard that Delta tends to have a bad reputation, but we didn't have a problem, other than the fact that they were the most expensive.

We will be shipping in two babies from AZ this year, the breeder told me it would cost around $250-300 for both of them with Northwest. The best airline I"ve heard of from other breeders is Alaska Airlines.

6. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    I've had goats shipped to us before, we paid $200+ to ship from Oregon to Ohio and we've had them shipped from other places too as well as sheep.