Shipping

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by kelebek, Dec 9, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    When shipping goats - which airline do you use and prefer?

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

3. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I usually use Delta. :greengrin:

4. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yeah, I've been told Delta is best.

5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    That is also what I have heard. . . . never used it myself but may in the future.

6. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    We have used Delta and another one before too.

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    We had Yogi shipped in with Delta and that was only because that was the only airline shipping that late in the year. I've heard good and bad about Delta, I didn't have any problems though. From talking with breeders though, I think Delta is more expensive overall and allows only one animal per crate.

8. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I've had goats shipped in with both American Airlines, and Continental, both arrived safe and sound. :)

9. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    I used Delta Pet First. yes, they were more expensive and they only allowed one animal per crate, but they had a better comprehensive tracking system should there be a problem. It was well worth it & my goaties arrived safe and sound!

10. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    I use American Airlines. I always try to book their flight using the American Airlines Eagle flight. There is always at least 2 flying out each day. This way the kids are not loaded as cargo, and they get their own personal attendant. But they only allow 2 animal crates on this flight so you have to book them several days before.
    I have used them so much I now have a PAL Shipping # and I can have them booked in a matter of seconds. And I get a discount so flights are rarely over $200 and two kids can be shipped together. I prefer kids being shipped together in one crate as it is less stressful on them having a companion for comfort on their big journey.
    Every kid has arrived alert, happy, healthy and safe. :dance:

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    awesome - thanks all!

12. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Oh dear I better not look at your website ever again I will be trying to justify another goat with that kind of shipping prices :hammer: you dont need more goats, you dont need more goats............. :slapfloor:

13. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    I am going to make it even more tempting to you Stacey... as I make I trip from SC to PA every Spring to deliver goats along the way at a fraction of the Air Shipping cost. :shades:
    And I do believe you are along the way... :dance: LOL

Allison you are very welcome BTW! :thumbup:

14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Oh Tina - we have SOOOO much to talk about :wink: :wink:

15. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I am east of PA so more then likely you dont reach me. PA is a big state.

yes VERY tempting. Maybe in a year or two though as this spring isnt good for me.........will keep it in mind though :)

16. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Hey Allison...I was just thinking....if you are interested in shipping something in. Would you maybe wanta buy one and I buy one and then we split the costs? Just a thought. Since you can ship two kids in one crate. I would LOVE to get something like Laurel Haven's moonspotted kids! :love: