The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goat is about 4 months old I just selected him today but I worry his body is to short to me I know he is still young and he will grow but I just have a question
When he grows will his body get longer and more proportional?

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
I don't know about meat breeds but my lamanchas will look short for a while and then all of a sudden they have a growth spurt that's like someone just stretched them out. How were his dam and sire?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know about meat breeds but my lamanchas will look short for a while and then all of a sudden they have a growth spurt that's like someone just stretched them out. How were his dam and sire?
I have no clue he is my FFA goat so it was the luck if the draw and idk what his parents looked like

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Where are you located? We did the lottery draw for our ffa animals in cypress Tx. He will fill out but won't get much longer. I've been raising wethers forever with some grand champions so if you need help just message me:) Goodluck!

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Now I don't have Market goats but I had a doe that was really small and short. she ended up being a bottle baby and we were going to keep her well just because. She now is one of the longest backed goats I have. :confused:

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Normally after two months old what you I'd what you have. He could change but I wouldn't bet on it. Either way, he's not terribly short bodied. Hes more average. And if you put enough muscle on him, especially leg, he might still win something. Good luck with him!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts