The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
TKC Farms
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s time to give my nasal vaccines, CD&T shots and maybe selium shots. Probably do it in a couple of weeks. I have goats die in December this year. Do you think this is too soon? Maybe I should wait until end of October or 2st week in November? October is when I always done it but their due dates had been January to mid February.

This year I am using inforce 3 nasal vaccine. I think this is ok for pregnant goats?? They are due in December.

Reactions: Iluvlilly!

·
Registered
460 Posts
It's time to give my nasal vaccines, CD&T shots and maybe selium shots. Probably do it in a couple of weeks. I have goats die in December this year. Do you think this is too soon? Maybe I should wait until end of October or 2st week in November? October is when I always done it but their due dates had been January to mid February.

This year I am using inforce 3 nasal vaccine. I think this is ok for pregnant goats?? They are due in December.
I'm not familiar with the nasal vaccine. I'd love to learn about it - Can you share more?

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Pneumonia vaccine is one that I highly recommend! The reason why CDT is so recommended is because over eating and tetanus can kill fast with little to no warning so not much chance to actually save the animal. Silent pneumonia can be just as devastating. The animal usually doesn’t show any signs, no temp until it’s too late and the body is already shutting down then it’s sub and you have a dead animal fast. Or you just walk out to dead animals in the morning. I am a very firm believer that if a animal is not as risk or if you don’t really have a issue with something don’t bother vaccinating for it EXCEPT cdt and pneumonia. And I do like the once PMH which is given IN (up the nose). It worked fast on my herd when I had silent pneumonia come threw.
OP I agree I would go ahead and space them out. Personally I give the pneumonia vaccine in late spring early fall, right before breeding, simply because our summers are nasty here and summer and fall are usually higher risk for pneumonia. And the. I give the CDT and the BOSE a month before they are due so that it passes to the kids. I am not familiar with the enforce 3 but if it says it’s safe for pregos it should be. I would just space it out a little that way if by some chance there is a reaction you know from what.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts