The Goat Spot Forum banner

Should I be Concerned About Anything?

597 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Scottyhorse 
#1 ·
So last year I got a Nigerian doe. She was (and still is) very obese. Her owner before the owner I got her from must have really, REALLY over fed her, she's so huge, she got fat deposits in her udder :mad: Here she gets no Alfalfa, no grain, just browse, minerals, and water, plus a few (healthy) treats every now and then. She's still fat. :scratch:

Anyways, a week or two ago, I noticed that she and her udder were getting quite a bit bigger, she was getting tired easier, etc. So while trimming hooves today, I figured I would try and milk her to see if she's in milk. Well she is, and it's not clear, either, it's MILK! I can still pinch her udder, can't really feel any ligs though because she is so overweight. But I'm guessing she's pregnant? Haven't seen her come into heat, maybe a couple times but it was short. I'm guessing IF she IS pregnant, she has 2-3 weeks left.

But I want to know, is there anything I should be worried about with her being SO fat?

#4 ·
Karen- I just did one squirt to see if I could get anything to see if she even was in milk.

Pam- We aren't feeding her anything, she just gets all the browse she could ever need up in the pasture.

Thanks guys, I'll let you know how it goes...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.