should I be worried?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by rgbdab, Jan 6, 2008.

1. rgbdab

rgbdab New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    TEXAS
    I have a doe that is due on the 12th (approximately) and this morning she had a long string of mucous so I was sure she was going to go into labor today, but after a few hours the mucous stopped and she is acting fine. She is pretty bagged up. I can see a kid moveing but she doesn't seem to be progressing any. SHe is up walking around and eating. Any advice or reassurance from those in the know would be appreciated. Thanks, D

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Most times, at least with my girls, once that long string of "snot" appeared they started into labor within 12 hours. Unless your doe is showing signs of distress I wouldn't worry too much, but if it were me, I would be sure to have her in a safe place where she could deliver without being "bothered" by others or even have to deal with the weather. Sounds like you'll have some kids coming...maybe even by morning.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    sounds like she just lost her mucus plug - pretty normal. This can happen as far off as a month before kidding or just hours before. Depends on the doe.

I would still go with the due date you have for her but just keep a little eye on her just in case she progresses quickly.

4. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Was it white? if so its probably just part of her mucus plug. They can lose that several days before they kid. Watch for clear mucus that turns an amber color. Thats baby goo.
    beth

5. rgbdab

rgbdab New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    TEXAS
    Well she had some white mucous about a week ago, but this morning it looked like egg white goo and it was a good amount. I will keep a close eye on her, I just thought for sure... oh well, you know that code of honour and all. Thanks, D

6. rgbdab

rgbdab New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    TEXAS
    Just an update, no kids yet. :cry:

7. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Aww, I hate it when they do that. Ugggh. But I would bet you she will wait for a few more days still. Just wait until you have a good storm going.. then you can be sure she will be a poppin' them out! :ROFL:

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    rgbdab - sounds like we are all in the same boat!

Good Luck!

9. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Sorry you don't have any kids yet...me either though